Joe & Tow's new trucking adventures/ex GTI thread

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by joseph1135, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Air Breeze

Air Breeze Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Tennessee
    I am glad you finally where able to get a better job then driving for WESTERN EXPRESS. I just don't see how a driver facing camera has any benifit to the driver. If the day ever comes when that becomes a standard piece of equipment on all Commercial Motor Vehicles, That's the day I wil tell them to take this job and shove it where the Sun don't shine.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Air Breeze

Jun 19, 2009
    Tennessee
    If your and Athiest then thats your right to be one. I wouldn't go so far as to say Praying is a waste of time though. Man has not disproved the existence of a Higher level of Consciousness beyond our limited understanding of the Physical world we inhabit. It's a pretty big Universe we live in and anything is possible. Faith is a very powerful force that can be used for good or evil. It's the Individual that makes that choice.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  4. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

Faith is what it's about, not science. A supreme being cannot be proven or disproven. Thus, one takes it on faith, one way or the other. And neither will be easily convinced to change ones mind.

Arkansas and Air Breeze Thank this.
  5. DenaliDad

After falling off the flatbed - twice - without injury, I decided I had tested my 'faith' enough; eventually, there would have been a broken something, no matter how well I know how to fall. One can only test gravity up to a point.

I miss the exercise, but not those falls...and I have no doubt there would have been more. Flatbedding is not an old man's job when started late.

6. Starboyjim

Starboyjim Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Weed, CA
    Man, that Marduk, that's some mean @#$@ right there, Maynard. Probably keep you awake hoping to find out if you're still OK in the morning.

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  7. Starboyjim

Starboyjim Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Weed, CA
    DD is right, we all have our faith one way or another. I have found faith won't stop bullets, and prayer won't make the concrete any more forgiving when I fall. Other than that, I believe what I believe.

Air Breeze and joseph1135 Thank this.
  8. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    I don't care. It was a funny so let's not turn this into some thread where everybody promotes their invisible man in the sky. And welcome back air breeze, long time no see.

popcorn169, tow614 and DenaliDad Thank this.
  9. DenaliDad

I, for one, am happy to see familiar names. It seems like I've been gone for a couple of years, not just a couple of months. It's nice to be back.

10. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Now....if we could only get Victor back so we would have someone to punch on.....
    :boxing:

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  11. Air Breeze

Jun 19, 2009
    Tennessee
    Ok no invisible man in the sky stuff! Lol
    Did I ever tell ya bout the time I saw Big Foot?

Arkansas and joseph1135 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.