Johhny-Mac gonna find out

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by JonJon78, Feb 19, 2024.

1. LOTSO

LOTSO Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2023
    I was surprised he would say publicly that he put the lock on. I wish these confrontations worked but they don't. I've seen so many of these confrontations and no matter how bad you shame these people they just don't care. The problem is you just can't shame someone that HAS NO SHAME. I don't think he's an idiot though. The idiot is the CRE driver, IMO.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    Plus, the dude may very well have ended up dropping that trailer at some drop yard without ever even looking at the doors, so doubtful it taught him anything anyway.

4. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    a couple of thoughts ....

First, he has been bitten by the YouTube fame. He has been proactive in seeking out bad behavior which is alright to a point but he needs to learn the first rule of doing this - do not act on the problem outside of reporting it to others. By touching the truck, putting a lock on it, or whatever, he screwed up. If it was one of my trucks, I would have gone after him legally seeing he admitted to it. I would have done this just enough to cost him some money to teach him an object lesson.

Second I have had this crap happen to me, some genius yell at me for parking at the pump with my service truck and my kid with me. This was at Pilot in Toledo, no one was in any other fuel pumps, it was empty. I had to go into the place to pay in cash, and my kid went to get subs and pop. I came out and this fat slob flipflop short-wearing moron started to yell at me for parking at the pump when there were two trucks behind me. These were my trucks, they were there to get their new permits while giving me their paperwork instead of having them drive to one of the yards to turn it in. My kid thought it was a good thing to get them lunch so they don't have to stop somewhere, he had subs for the four drivers and us two. This moron went on and on and I ended up pointing out that if they were going to fuel, there are 9 other pumps empty they could have used. I also pointed out that the name on the service truck was the same name that was on those trucks so maybe this is an arranged meeting. I thanked him for his concern, suggested that he clean himself up, and offered to buy him a shower, but I also said next time observe before engaging anyone on a problem that isn't a problem because it won't make him look like a ******** *********.

5. 201773

201773 Medium Load Member

Dec 14, 2020
    I guessing the lock was already on there.

broke down plumber, Kyle G. and Dflip Thank this.
  6. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    The world was a lot better and nicer before every knucklehead had a camera.
    Bunch of drama queens.

7. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    I can see being ticked off enough to do it. But advertising that you did it? And videotaping the whole thing? I don't think so.....

8. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    A trucking Karen. Gets a utube channel and feels like he’s right all the time. Don’t bother watching him.

9. PaulMinternational

PaulMinternational Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2022
    A cousin of mine once said.
    "If anyone tells you violence gets you no where, that person has simply never applied the proper amount of violence"

With that said, a beating within inches of thier life would surely make them think about it differently next time. Problem is saying something has no real repercussions and is way too easy to just blow off.

Now what can we do about all the dam cameras so we can take effective action?

10. broke down plumber

broke down plumber Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2024
    thats a good point .

11. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    tenor-2.gif

Dennixx and MJM Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.