Joining US Xpress was wondering how fast there trucks run?

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by mikersv1, Nov 18, 2010.

1. musicgal

musicgal Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Carthage, Missouri
    The pet policy is $500....I had a dog a while back and it's $100 up front, $50 a week until the deposit is finished, and $10 every week for having it on the truck.

wulfman75 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mikersv1

mikersv1 Light Load Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Daytona, Florida
    Ouch that a lot of money. Well here at orientation and let me just say after taking the road test in that beat up old Volvo 780 that I really hope I come out of this gig with one, even know they are phasing them out and going towards freights right now . I could not believe how quiet and spacious it was.

4. mikersv1

Jun 26, 2010
    Daytona, Florida
    longest 2 days of my life hopefully tomorrow goes by quick and i get my truck and be on my merry way, I think ill pass on the pet policy. DOT physical is kind of extense were as half of the class went home after failing the physical. which is probably a good thing, but never seen a physical lie that yet

5. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Enjoy,

keep us posted !!

6. snowbird_89

snowbird_89 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2009
    Massachusetts
    They are getting rid of the automatics? What made them change their minds?

7. mikersv1

Jun 26, 2010
    Daytona, Florida
    I talked to a service mech. He was telling me they are not phasing out the automatics. But not dealing with Volvo this year over a conflict between Volvo and US XPRess. And the new trucks that us express purchased were some 10 speed Pete's and frieghts. But mainly only bought them because of availability and and the deal they received on them

8. chainbreaker

chainbreaker Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Burnside, Ky
    Where you doing orientation at? I had a 780 when I was there and man did I love that truck. And heck I even liked the autoshift part of it too, you switch back and forth between auto and manual, so thats what I did in the hills.

9. itsjustme

itsjustme Bobtail Member

Dec 2, 2010
    us xpress trucks are governed at 65 mph if you can keep them running... having major issues at the terminals getting the trucks fixed.. i have seen drivers come in with check engine light on and sit at the markham il terminal over a week

10. chainbreaker

chainbreaker Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Burnside, Ky
    Thats the thing ItsJustme. Never get the truck fixed at a terminal, LOL. Never never never, if you can avoid it. It was that way in 06. But now if your at OKC terminal, they will get you in and out pretty quick.

11. itsjustme

itsjustme Bobtail Member

Dec 2, 2010
    I agree, but hope this guy checked other places first before he comes to us xpress, not very good company.. mthey dont care about their drivers... say they are a family oriented company when they hire ya, but you only end up being just a number to them

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.