jones express???

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by belltransit, Aug 4, 2010.

1. belltransit

belltransit Light Load Member

Jun 28, 2010
    oak grove, mo
    does anyone know anything about Jones Express out of Limerick, Pa??? i have a friend who just started with them and shes really happy, but i'd like to have some input from others.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. belltransit

Jun 28, 2010
    oak grove, mo
    i guess no one has heard about this company at all. i may have the city wrong...it may be spring hill pa instead.

4. ras1166

ras1166 Light Load Member

Apr 21, 2008
    North Pole
    I've heard of them, I think they are al owner operators. Never heard anything bad about them. Maybe they have a website? I also think i saw their ad in one of those driving mags.

5. belltransit

Jun 28, 2010
    oak grove, mo
    yea ras they are 100% owner op. ive been to their website. i was just hoping there was someone who would have a little first hand knowledge about them...thanks for the reply thou.

6. ButchWilson

ButchWilson Bobtail Member

Aug 6, 2010
    USA
    Jones Express is very small company.
    Situated at 2 Washington Avenue Scarborough, ME 04074-8310
    Portland, ME Metro Area

7. Allan M

Allan M Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2009
  8. heyns57

heyns57 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2006
    near Kalamazoo Speedway
    Their web site neglected to mention that they closed their General Commodities division in 1981 as deregulation set in. Jones survived as an owner-operator company, but the original company of Spring City, PA, is listed in Mike Terebecki's "The Trucking Pioneers" along with many companies that went bankrupt in the 1980s.

9. belltransit

Jun 28, 2010
    oak grove, mo
    sounds like they have done good then. the web site said they have been in business for over 100 years.

10. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    I was leased on to Jones Express (a division of Jones Motor Group) out of Spring City, Pa. from '07-'08. They are 100% O/O and have been operating since 1894. They have 3 divisions, van, FB and hot shot. Their paychecks are right on, but you pay your base plate and fuel tax. I ran a dedicated from Oxnard to OKC weekly and was home every Friday night with a Monday delivery in S. Ca. I lived in Kingman, Az. They are a great company and will do you right.

Ducks Thanks this.
  11. belltransit

Jun 28, 2010
    oak grove, mo
    thanks allow me...the companies ive been leased onto have always charged me for using their base plate. so why did you leave them?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.