Jordan carriers and lease purchase program

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Dustincc23, Oct 20, 2023.

1. Dustincc23

Dustincc23 Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2021
    Has anyone done the lease purchase here? I’m wondering how their freight in the Midwest is since that is where is home I’m worried they only have freight in the south since that’s the only place I see most of their trucks. Thanks for the advice and help.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. istumped

istumped Medium Load Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Don't do a lease purchase from anybody. Borrow the money if you have too. I wouldn't be buying anything right now. It's gonna have to be really cheap for me to spend any money.

haz-matguru, JonJon78 and ducnut Thank this.
  4. INRUT

INRUT Medium Load Member

Aug 21, 2016
    Why risk lease ?

haz-matguru and JonJon78 Thank this.
  5. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    They get reeled in like fish with the big dollar numbers companies put up...

It will be a never ending cycle...

Dime a dozen...

Here's a good read @Dustincc23 The odds are in favor of the house

6. Dustincc23

Jan 29, 2021
    Not everyone is leasing to end up owning the truck or to even make more money in the short term. It’s to learn more about freight lanes and load choices with risk aversion and not be risking defaulting and ruining your credit if you go buy your own truck like most do. It’s a logical step. But people that do what you’re saying will be the ones selling those cheap trucks soon because they can’t just walk away.

7. Dustincc23

Jan 29, 2021
    I guess some people just have a losers mindset tho and life owes them something. Obviously getting a truck that is going into heavy maintenance time if it’s life cycle isn’t going to be as profitable and obviously they do it because they get way more money out of the trucks by transferring the liabilities to you. Not everyone is fooled that it’s a get rich quick scheme. But it is a stepping stone and a learning tool. Failure is almost guaranteed and if you’re not a loser you learn from failure.

8. JonJon78

Jul 1, 2018
    You can't learn flatbed freight lanes as a company driver?

I worked with TMC and did all the same loads with the lease purchase guys that were paying the note and maintenance on the same trucks... The only difference was I didn't have that overhead...

9. Dustincc23

Jan 29, 2021
    I also worked for tmc.. I’m not a new driver. You also only got to see about 80% of what the load actually pays and I know that because I’m with a company now that hauls some of tmcs freight and I get to see every rate confirmation of the loads I haul.

10. Dustincc23

Jan 29, 2021
    There’s a huge difference between actually learning freight lanes and learning where freight moves. You could work at tmc for 8 years and still pick up loads you never picked up before and go places you’ve never been. Trust me.

11. JonJon78

Jul 1, 2018
    Ok, you have your mind made up why come here looking for Validation?

stwik and Iamoverit Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.