Jordan Carriers is BAD

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by baby, Mar 21, 2014.

1. D1-2c

D1-2c Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Marietta ga
    Can anyone give me any info on Jordan. Like what the trucks are like apu gps in truck and in other info.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Straws inc

Straws inc Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2014
    Tiga is a bad company to work for vry unprofessional

4. CarlosTheDangerous

CarlosTheDangerous Light Load Member

Aug 24, 2013
    Don't drive for 'em. Shifty loads and bad injectors.

HotH2o Thanks this.
  5. baby

baby Light Load Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Charleston, WV
    They want u to lie about onduty time...they will give u a nasty breaki g down FILTHY truck to drive and expe t you to "make it work"...and DONT piss em off! Cause they WILL go after your DAC falsely...and they run all iver the US but have only ONE terminal in south mississippi and will ask you to drive a breaking down truck 1000 miles to get it fixed BY THEM instead of a dealer...i dont know the owner...MAYBE hes a great guy????? But the THUG he put in charge of his company is one of those "im a black man in charge if a large company therefore I AM GOD" kind of people who uses that to MISTREAT employees....STILL PISSED about how he did me sooooooo dirty.....still pissed after that i disnt see my kids for almost THREE MONTHS while i was tryn to put my life back together...this man DESERVES a lynching! Short of that....beibg uncerimoniously FIRED with NEVER a good recommendation would suffice i suppose...but thats what the man deserved for tormenting me because he thought it was amusing that i am a female flarbedder and using his position to pick on me and harass me. JERK. GOD. SEES ALL.

6. baby

baby Light Load Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Charleston, WV
    Lol...in other words...pretty trucks..run like crap...they dont clean them AT ALL between drivers...want you to drive them until they break...run illegal...and the GM has a thug mentality and he needs to be replaced. I actually heard the owners were good people...so im assuming hes pulled the wool over their eyes BIG TIME. Oh well. Life goes on. I wouldnt recommend them and they (HE) did a number on me all because he wanted to persecute me for being a smallish white female flatbedder. I detest racism of ANY SORT. SEXISM too. I have kids and i come home every week to visit and i SUPPORT them financially. Only GOD is my judge. Not Jake from Jordan Carriers.

7. baby

baby Light Load Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Charleston, WV
    Good luck to you all and God Bless! I still havent made it back into flatbedding. I basically had to start all iver again after that! But maybe i will again (i really hope( someday. In the meantime ive just been working on keeping my upperbody strength and overall strength in general and of course...lol...WORKING to support kids and trying to get home to see them. I have a HARD job now but im trying to keep my chin up and just get home to see the kids and to keep supporting them. Thats all you can do! Praise the Lord and shove on!

8. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    God bless ya baby ....take care of those babies ,i agree with you when ya say "praise the lord "
    Me ? Im just raising babies too ,doin the "superflow" for the Chrysler plants every day (local )
    Don't feel alone with working for some crafty underhanded trucking company ,they are all pretty much the same
    The difference is .....additude !!!! Yes !!! I work for selfish,cowardly,greedy,girly men with self serving policies
    But god gave me a thick skin ( not to mention im allowed to lay it down at his feet ,all my gripes and fears )
    .....didn't mean to ramble , "gotta git"

9. Red Monkey

Red Monkey Bobtail Member

Sep 20, 2014
    I ve been there 2 yrs. Most drivers I meet have been there a lot longer. Most of the trucks are Volvo automatics w/D13. The newer trucks have apu no gps in trucks. overall they are decent. Trucks run about 65 66 mph. They get you home most weekends. That is Fri or Sat. May have to leave Sun depending on where you gotta be mon. Also on elogs

10. jrhd97

jrhd97 Light Load Member

Oct 7, 2014
    NC
    I was with Jordan for a couple years and the last year I was there I was a trainer ( Now before everyone gets their panties bunched up, Jordan takes very few rookie's. They do take experienced drivers and teach them how to flatbed. ). Not to discount the problems she claims, but the company is not bad and they don't harass like she portrayed them. Mr.Jake, the terminal manager, has been with the company almost since they started. He has the final say in hiring and firing. He also has a pretty good sense on those that will be good for the company and those that won't. The team he has assembled also have a good sense. So, if he did harass you, he had a reason beyond what you say. You may not even realize why, but they may have seen an attitude that concerned them, but not enough to fire you. They let you fire yourself.
    The trainers there are part of the safety department and have sat in on meetings about drivers and new hires. I have seen how the thought process works and it's not vicious, it's cold business.
    Red Monkey is right, many drivers there have been there a long time, 15 yrs plus. If you could have held on for the first few months and worked the problems out, you would probably still be there.
    As for me leaving, two reasons. 1) I went local in an effort to see my family more. Jordan did an excellent job of getting me home every weekend. I missed two, one for a breakdown and the other so a rookie student could go home for the weekend. They keep rookie's on the trainers truck 6 weeks and get the student home on the 3rd weekend. Jordan had me home on the 7 major holidays that they said they would. I never had an issue with getting a truck fixed. Sometimes they wouldn't want to fix it on the road because it wasn't a safety issue so they would route me to the yard, but that was rare. As it turned out, going local, the hours I was putting in I saw my family less than when I was on the road. 2) When we moved to TX from NC, the company still took state income tax out even tho TX does not have a state income tax. It has something to do with the MS tax code, kind of irritating to be taxed then MS not wanting to fully refund you. If I go back on the road I won't go back to Jordan due to taxes, that is the only reason.
    The issues with falsifying the logs. They have e-logs and when you spend 6 hours at Gerdau you don't spend all 6 on duty if you want to get anything done. Even if you only show 45 minutes loading, they know by your arrival message and loaded message ( GPS and time stamp on the Peoplenet system ) they know you were there and they know that Gerdau can get slow. Rescheduling is not an issue with your fleet manager. Communicate, communicate, communicate. Let them know when you can get to the receiver and get your sleep. The fleet manager might get his panties in a wad, but they won't retaliate against you for it.
    As for Mr. Jordan, I believe he passed away not too many months after I quite. Good luck barking up that tree.
    I hope the new job works for you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.