Just another new guy....

Discussion in 'CRST' started by 4thGeneration, Jul 29, 2008.

1. 4thGeneration

4thGeneration Bobtail Member

Jul 29, 2008
    San Diego, Ca
    Training was a joke. I think we sat for more time than we drove, waiting on dispatch. When my (more than)28 days were up, they told me I didn't have enough miles. Not my fault I say, give me a road test or something, im not going out with another trainer. Road test passed, ready to roll.

I'm already considering leaving, contract be ######. My co-driver-to-be got in an argument with dispatch and got himself fired. However, when I talked to dispatch they tell me he quit. Yeah, do they think I never speak to the guy?

They won't give me any phone numbers to find a new co-driver. I have to keep calling my dispatch, and when I'm lucky to get through, all she does is patch me through to another driver. The only one that answered said he's a trainer and not looking for a partner. So now I have to wait till tomorrow to try and have them patch me through to someone who will answer.

This company treats their drivers like they are trash. Very disrespectful to the people who actually make the money to keep the lights on at the home office.

Not all companies are like this, are they? I'm ready to leave. I've got bills to pay and all this company does is let you sit, either at home or in truck stops. Is there another company out there that someone can vouch for that will take a new CDL holder with VERY LITTLE (I'm good, just new) experience? I've had it up to here (holding hand at eye level) with the constant BS of CRST.

(is there a bad trainer thread? I've got some good stories)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supraboy757

supraboy757 Light Load Member

Jul 2, 2008
    hampton va
    with less then 3 months exp no company will take u unless u go back out with a trainer u need atleast 3 to 6 months to go somewhere else and be a first seat driver

4. honor roll

honor roll Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2008
    NW OHIO
    Good Luck and Be Safe

5. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    If you try to get away without fulfilling the contract, they will hound you for it. The thing is if they fire you or you leave the contract is not fulfilled.

It's probably too late, but never sign anything without having a lawyer look at it.

They probably can't ruin your credit, but you need to see an attorney about that contract.

As for driving for someone else, it will be tough until you get 3 months OTR in, and a decent amount of miles, stay the 3 months if you can, and start looking for something, go to job service and post a resume, it might help.

Good luck to you, you aren't the first to have problems with the 'Gold Rush', and, unfortunately, you won't be the last.

6. gwhitson

gwhitson Light Load Member

May 30, 2008
    Ada, OK
    I guess I'd agree with most on here in that you need to go out with a trainer again. I'm on about 5000 miles of 10k with Willis Shaw Express and I couldn't be happier. We have about 4 weeks to complete the training and I'm on my 8 day now. So I've been averaging about 600/day. Now I only get 350/week while in training, but I'm doing fine. Most of the trainers will pay for 85-90% of you meals, etc. since they'll be making money off you during your first year. We're staying pretty busy with the reefer loads and my only complaint is my arse bone is killing at the end of the day!!! LOL but that's to be expected from a noob. Good luck:biggrin_25525:

7. supraboy757

supraboy757 Light Load Member

Jul 2, 2008
    hampton va
    well i wish the best of u luck i rem training it sucked glad i don't have to do that agin now i just train people which i love to do

8. bullthebeerman

bullthebeerman Light Load Member

May 19, 2008
    brooklyn,ny
    i know how you feel buddy i'm right there with you but i have 6 months in
    with the #####hhhes and looking to leave very soon f the contract and f them they need the truck anyway, with 20 to 30 new driver every week from 3 terminals you get the point
    heres a little history on crst
    they steal 2 cents from all your dispatch miles
    they steal 10% of your dispatch miles alot of other comp do that
    no detention pay
    lay over after 34 hours $40
    breakdown pay after 34 hours $40
    and you have to fight for mile just to buy food cause you sure cant pay biles at home or send home money
    and crappy old truck that smell like ash
    every week you have a breakdown prob
    i say to you good luck your going to need it my friend
    my prays are with you

9. 4thGeneration

4thGeneration Bobtail Member

Jul 29, 2008
    San Diego, Ca
    Calling it quits. Tired of unsafe and/or hostile co-drivers. If I can get another job trucking, that would be great. But for now, I need a job that pays and my son needs me home alive. They can come after me for the money if they want, I don't care. All I know is that I can't feed my family with RoadKing points. Good luck CRST Alumni.

10. bullthebeerman

bullthebeerman Light Load Member

May 19, 2008
    brooklyn,ny

guy i know all to well how you feel but freight is slow every where,
    not to say you wont do well somewhere else
    i know you will. look at mw i just left crst and im doing well now on my own
    i dont have to split those 400 mile runs anymore lol
    try to stay and get at lease 6 months exp in, youl find it so much easier to get hired not that much easier with that crst contract on you but easier than with 3 months exp
    but good luck to you i know how it is to be driving all over the country with no money in your pocket or no money to send home for the family

11. cpassey

cpassey Light Load Member

bull,
    You sound like a nice guy and all so dont take this too personal.
    You need to check your spelling before you send a post.:biggrin_25512:
    You got good info........Just try checking what you have written before you send it. And your not alone. Alot of other people on this forum could use some help with thier spelling.:biggrin_25510:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.