Just For Laughs

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Long FLD, Apr 18, 2024.

1. PPNLE

PPNLE Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    Nevermind our office space, salaries for the backend staff, insurance, legal, software and hardware costs, etc etc.

Deere hunter and JimmyTwoTimes Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    I’ve said it 1000 times, getting rid of factoring and quick pay would change this industry for the better. It’s too easy to become a carrier.

Even the Trucking Made Successful lady selling her classes on how to become a carrier, yet in one video she mentions being in business for 5 years but then had a video about the factoring company taking money back on a couple intrastate loads that didn’t pay.

I’m not a broker. I’m not a carrier. I’m just a fake owner operator leased to a carrier. But it blows my mind how these guys act like since they paid their $300 and got a truck and insurance that that alone means they should be able to profit. And if they can’t make money then certainly it’s the fault of someone else. I’ve never seen any other form of business that acts like they deserve success because they bought a piece of equipment.

Ruthless, Sons Hero, 86scotty and 5 others Thank this.
  4. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    What do you mean, man? I mean it's planted all over the back of every company trailer. LOL. "Drive for us, $$$$ per mile, we treat you better, we have the miles, we have the freight". The public gets in their mind that you can just sit in a truck in comfort all day and the checks will roll in for doing nothing all while being treated like a king having no skin in the game.

We have a society that wants to work for nothing, the I/me generation and I don't just mean kids. People have no idea anymore how much better they would feel if they work for SOMETHING rather than working for nothing.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.