Just found out we lost TSC out of Casa Grande, AZ

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by kanidana, Aug 28, 2023.

1. kanidana

kanidana Heavy Load Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    That is a huge blow to the owner operator game out of Phoenix. That's about the only account that paid anything. I'm sitting and there's literally nothing on the board on a Monday morning. That's unheard of in the five years I've been here. I don't know what we're supposed to do now. I'm just glad my trucks paid for but zero freight is zero freight.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gekko1323

gekko1323 Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2018
    Henderson, NV
    It's a bloodbath out here. Was TSC a broker, trucking company, direct shipper?

bzinger Thanks this.
  4. kanidana

Aug 21, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    It was a direct shipper tractor supply co. They were our number one customer of good paying loads. 24/7 365 guaranteed work all over the southwest. A huge blow to owner operators leased to Schneider.

48Packard and bzinger Thank this.
  5. gekko1323

gekko1323 Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2018
    Henderson, NV
    So the TSC in Phoenix or all TSC locations? They're franchises or corporate-owned?

bzinger Thanks this.
  6. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Looks like just that DC, but it could also just be that ICs are no longer allowed to book those loads.

LOTSO, Concorde, Lonesome and 2 others Thank this.
  7. kanidana

Aug 21, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    Could be. According to my BOA we lost that account. But, maybe o/o's forbidden is what she meant. I don't know. Freight scarcity is now a Phoenix problem for sure. Everything leaving phoenix pays so terrible it's hard to imagine making those large lease payments with that stuff. The only saving grace for me is I got my truck paid off while things were good. I can make a subsitence living running into areas I don't really want to touch. If this is an industry wide problem, I feel sorry for people just trying to get into the o/o game. I was thinking about jumping to Landstar but worried it's just a side step into the same situation in Phoenix.

48Packard and gentleroger Thank this.
  8. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    So is Schneider now keeping these loads for company trucks, or lose the account altogether?

9. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I would bet that we lost it, as there aren't any job postings for it, however it's common when we are at risk of losing an account sue to sevice we cut the ICs out. In many respects, ICs are "better drivers", but too often we end up scrambling to cover their loads. If we put the load on a company truck with excessive time, it may be an inefficient use of the truck, but might save the lane.

Based on rates, I think we got underbid.

TX2Day, LoneRanger, 48Packard and 4 others Thank this.
  10. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    I’m not seeing any out of Statesville, NC either. Paid off my truck last week. Paperwork arrived at home this afternoon. But it still stinks.

Cat sdp, gekko1323, Opus and 2 others Thank this.
  11. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Congratulations!
    Statesville paid hella good, but it seemed like every delivery location was like WTF and Where TF?

JoeyJunk and 48Packard Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.