Just got a job with Pepsi in Orlando

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Jron2112, Jul 11, 2013.

1. ACH1130

ACH1130 Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    Although it sounds tiring and probly very hot in Orlando, I wouldnt mind that gig, I would get to check out thte girls all day LOL

TruckrWnnaB Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oi!

Oi! Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    You mean their yard on Tradeport? Keep us posted

4. RavnsFan

RavnsFan Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Worked for Pepsi for a lot of years. Started out doing something similar to you. But back then it wasn't pre sold I was the salesman and delivery guy on same truck. Those goose neck trailers are easy to drive. 6-700 cases a day sounds about right. But remember you gotta take em off the truck and then put them on the customers shelves. So you lift all of them at least twice. Seriously. Take care of your body. I was full of piss and vinegar too. Used to pull 500 pounds up steps and just did dumb stuff that took a toll on me. Get yourself a mag liner hand truck and some curb jumpers. You'll be glad you did. Good luck out there. PBG is a great company. They will work you like a borrowed mule. But you'll save on that gym membership.

security58 Thanks this.
  5. luvtotruck

luvtotruck Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Phoenix Arizona
    Good Job for a young buck, I wish you well, I don't move the groceries from the car to the house anymore so doing that many cases a week isn't in my bucket list! Good Luck Keep your record clean.

6. Lantern

Lantern Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Deliverin Soda
    I've been working for them for about a month and a half. Deff hard work, specially being out of shape from coming off the road. But it is a solid company. I run with the Jacksonville plant. Love the change of pace. Making decent money as well. The best part of it is that they provide all equipment you need at no cost. All I have to provide is my black shoes and black belt. Uniform is provided, magliners are provided (3) in jacksonville, back brace, gloves, etc. I use all of the equipment they provide to help save my body in the long run. So far, I've lost 20 pound and gain alot of muscle. Work is killer in the heat.

Down fall, the work. But it's getting easier and easier. Though, I've had to sling 110 cases run it into a store just to turn around and put it back on the truck because the sales rep didn't actually order what the store needed, they just wanted a attempt to make their pay check nicer which hurts the driver in the long run. That stuff is always going to happen so I guess I'll just suck it up!

2 years of OTR is what I did. Currently 23.

7. Macneil

Macneil Heavy Load Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Sudbury, ON., Canada
    Buddy of mine got hired on in Southern ON a few years ago now and I do believe he mentioned something about 26-28 hourly and a bunch of other perks(union). This is in Canada though..probably totally different then you fellas.

Sounds like a great gig specially for a first timer!!

8. security58

security58 Light Load Member

Nov 26, 2012
    i used to deliver for a budweiser distributor.same thing u did but was salary...sucked!

9. Lantern

Lantern Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Deliverin Soda
    I hear that alot. North florida sales, champion brands are salaried positions. Which is crazy because you lose out

10. K-DUB1986

K-DUB1986 Light Load Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Orlando,FL
    that's sup dude.......I have my license well over 5yrs now but rather do local driving but are they hiring

11. Jron2112

Jron2112 Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Just have to check online and apply.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.