Just got back from the road with prime

Discussion in 'Prime' started by NO-WAY-OUT!!, Jun 2, 2010.

1. AZ CATS

AZ CATS Light Load Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Tucson,AZ
    Thanks IP, I will do what I can. Perhaps as you said, tell them I want to train in the future and maybe they will give me a full size tractor. I am not going to get my hopes up though. Just really sucks as I wanted this to work.I chose Prime because of the training and would like to continue driving for them. And why will I have to team or train ???????? not sure about that comment.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    That way you're guaranteed a full size unit... however do ask. When I turned in my Century, I was concerned about the same thing. My company board FM told me that the policy had changed - so that not all company drivers were required to take out a lightweight, although I don't know how this would work with a new driver.

4. AZ CATS

Mar 24, 2010
    Tucson,AZ
    I was going to lease with Prime also but I wanted to get a full year under my belt before I made that jump. If they force a lightwieght on me I will have to respectfully decline the offer. But I hope that does'nt happen I like this company and I don't like to jump around looking for jobs. I am the kind of person who stays put, always works out better when you stay with one place for an extended period.

one37 Thanks this.
  5. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    See what they can do for you at the leasing office... they make all tractor assignments. You can certainly go lease right out of the gate... I just think its harder without knowing a little about what you're jumping into. It also helps to start when reefer freight gets hot in the spring, rather than at the peak.

AZ CATS Thanks this.
  6. BJnobear

BJnobear Heavy Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    PCB, FL
    [​IMG]
    :biggrin_25515::biggrin_25522:

Thanks for screwing up a thread, that to this point, had been very informative and easy to read.

Where the hell is that?

Capitalization is your friend. Try "Sunday" next time you dolt.

Multiple errors exist in this textbook example of a run-on sentence:
    1. Capitalization. It is Prime.
    2. couldent? YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG! The word is spelled "couldn't"
    3. ...dock. It...
    4. ...course. Her... The extra words "but anywho" are not required nor needed.
    5. musta What the hell kind of word is that? Try "was apparently" or "must have".
    6. Overall quality of this quasi-paragraph leas the impression of a 5th or 6th grade level of education. Perhaps a college prep English course would improve your ability to effectively communicate. I highly recommend one, for today it is all about appearances in the workplace.

:biggrin_25513:

CivilWerks, one37 and sazook Thank this.
  7. milskired

milskired Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    WTF is that about BJ???

8. BJnobear

Aug 24, 2010
    PCB, FL
    My inner English teacher getting sarcastic.

9. AZ CATS

Mar 24, 2010
    Tucson,AZ
    Can we just stop the bashing on people.... It is completly unnecessary!!!! None of us are any better than anyone else. We may have differences, but can't we be adult about it.......... I come on here to get advice from proffesionals, that have more experience than I in the trucking industry. And I have learned alot from some individuals on here. I hope it can continue, without fear of ridicule......:biggrin_25514:

one37, snakeskin and RockyWI Thank this.
  10. BJnobear

Aug 24, 2010
    PCB, FL
    If you can't read the post due to spelling and punctuation, what is the point of posting?

sazook and U2Exit Thank this.
  11. AZ CATS

Mar 24, 2010
    Tucson,AZ
    But you could read the post and understand it. Or you would not have been able to correct he/she so efficiently. Not starting anything just saying.......... Take care and be safe.......

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.