Just got hit on I-80 toll road in Ohio, car spun out and hit me.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by shorty102292, May 26, 2022.

1. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Slowing down a bit buys you time to react, I wasn't there either, but I do know in adverse weather you need to drop your speed a bit. to buy you extra time to get out of unsafe situations. I do have 2 million accident free miles, and that's not by accident.. Anytime a driver can stack the card more to their favor they should.

shorty102292 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Not really, thats just making excuses. Physics do not change, you add water it gets more dicey. I ve been out here alto of years and miles, bad weather slow down.

4. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    That's why we're always a target. Most people know how might insurance we carry and ambulance chasing lawyers definitely know.

GYPSY65 Thanks this.
  5. shorty102292

shorty102292 Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2018
    S
    Some people are going to hate me for this.
    Yes with miles comes experience and experience comes with time.

In my opinion, its not a matter of if, but when you get into some kind of accident i don't give a hoot how many accident free miles anyone has. You have 2 million go buy a lotto ticket maybe you have good luck. My dad had almost 4 million then some dipstick got hit by a blowout on drivers side drive tires and whacked the wagon.
    We all put on far more miles than the average guy driving thier car so with every mile you put on the chances go up period. Its a giant numbers game.

I'm not saying you can't do things to help reduce the risk, and by no way am i saying i wouldn't take an older drivers advice, what i am saying is how ever many millions of miles one has without an accident doesn't mean crap.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.