Just got my CDL

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by h.pepper, Jan 20, 2009.

1. h.pepper

h.pepper Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2009
    USA
    I passed my CDL exam a week ago and I am very excited about teaming with my husband. Look forward to any suggestions or help for a new female driver.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cybergal

Cybergal Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Hi, h.pepper, Welcome to our Truckers Forum! We hope you enjoy your stay and please read our RULES. Please remember, you are NEVER allowed to post e-mails, ad links, trucking company links, personal site links, and such ANYWHERE in this forum. Thanks for understanding! We hope to help you and get to know you soon! Thanks, h.pepper!

h.pepper, do you have a question about how to do something? Try our FAQ section or you can PM me or a Moderator (50 posts not required to PM a Mod) to ask a question! Also, you can read through our Truckers Forum Information Center!

Also remember to get your 2009 Truckers Report Calendar AND show your love for truckers with your new Truckers Report Legal Stamps! This helps us to keep this place alive, thanks!

4. Knife Edge

Knife Edge Heavy Load Member

Hello and welcome H.Pepper congratulations on passing your CDL..thats great news......... hope all works out for you ....... glad you dropped in and said hi ......... good luck and happy trails

5. rikdev50s

rikdev50s Medium Load Member

Aug 12, 2008
    Greer, SC
    Hey and Howdy h.pepper! Welcome to the forum. Congrats on passing the exam. That means you have your permit? Or did you get the CDL? Any which way good Luck.

6. IrunU

IrunU Medium Load Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Outside the fire
    Congrats...............
    Good Luck Be Safe and Welcome to the forum

7. h.pepper

h.pepper Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2009
    USA
    I got my permit in October and went to Swift in Millington, that was not a good experience, put everything on hold and in December went to a different CDL school, completed all my training and graduated top in my class. I am waiting for orientation and then will drive team w/my husband.

He is one of the unlucky ones that has to re-test his written, eye and skills test. He went to Swift a couple of years ago. Ohio is allowing 90 days to re-test, from the sounds of things NY is aggressive on the time frame.

Thanks for the good wishes.

rikdev50s Thanks this.
  8. Lil Blue Pony

Lil Blue Pony Brown Eyed Girl

Feb 22, 2008
    hey there hpepper...well best of luck to the both of ya....hope ya like it out here.......if you grew up camping ...I mean in a tent not with a plush RV type that the fussy city people do then you should do just fine out here and will soon adapet you camping tricks to the road.........if ya have any questiones get hold of me......I just finished washing the dishes and "doing laundry"....well so to speak.......now I am at the port getting reday to load...have already made the coffee....haven't cooked BF yet......a womans work is NEVER done out here on the road!

9. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    Welcome to the forum! Glad you wandered in!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.