Just need HONEST answers about Landstar

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by Beethoven, Apr 2, 2012.

1. txqtrucker

txqtrucker Light Load Member

Jul 1, 2011
    bryan, texas
    Since everyone is asking. I am considering ls. How is the freight coming out of texas. Preferably the houston or dallas/fort worth areas.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LSAgentOZR

LSAgentOZR Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    It's there...

fortycalglock Thanks this.
  4. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    That's honest all right.
    OP, I try to never go to TX without a preplanned load back out and the numbers have to work on top or that. I rarely go to TX.
    of course if you ask OZR, SHC and I drive Brinks trucks to keep all my cash in. ;)

OZR, remember I'm the man for Intrastate FLA loads.

5. osumike33

osumike33 Light Load Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Middletown, OH
    I spoke to a recruiter today at Landstar, did the WebEx thing showing loads, all seemed very good. He gave me an average of $1.91 per mile + fsc for dry van; does that seem reasonable? To the truck....figured fsc at $.48 - 50, so looking at $2.39 - 2.41 per mile to the truck. My understanding is that was tractor only. I know it's % and that there are better and worse....but does this seem a fair average? I was thinking, after reading all these forum questions and answers, that that figure seemed high from what everyone else was saying. Thanks..and I'm going to shoot him an e-mail, too, to verify that's what he was quoting, but interested in a non-recruiter opinion, too.

6. osumike33

osumike33 Light Load Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Middletown, OH
    Will reply to my own question - the guy clarified that the $1.91 was gross; so, at 65%, that would be $1.24 to the truck, plus FSC. A bit different....but, I know there are a lot better paying loads, as well.

7. LSAgentOZR

Nov 1, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Now have you ever known me not to be honest?:biggrin_25525:

In all seriousness. We ship almost daily out of the Dallas area for vans and flats. Some are long hauls, some are short hauls, most have several stops that pay decent. It's either feast for famine in Texas, hence my response... It's there...

8. flatbed22

flatbed22 Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2011
    Wesley Chapel, NC
    Good to know. I pull frieghtliner custom chassis for motor homes now. Fleetwood Winnebago etc..
    I got your pm and Im still waiting for clearance. When it comes to revenue flat or step?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  9. LSAgentOZR

Nov 1, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Revenue is the same percentage wise, it's all in what agents you get hooked up with. A lot of my stuff is flatbed, but out of Texas, when things pick back up we can load stepdecks as well. In the SE, it's Flatbed only for us because of our customer we ship with out of there.

10. Renifizzle

Renifizzle Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Can you call on loads off the landstarbroker site without being leased to them?

We are a trucking company with a few trucks and frac sand is getting really sour really fast. I am thinking of grabbing a flatbed trailer and moving our trucks to something else. I want to be able to load up off multiple boards at the same time.

11. LSAgentOZR

Nov 1, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Call Carrier Qualifications and get setup as a Brokered Carrier. Once approved you can view landstarbroker.com and get loads off of there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.