Just purchased a 48 flatbed split axle. Chains and Straps?

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by DietCoke1013, Sep 27, 2018.

1. snowman_w900

snowman_w900 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2010
    20180927_183343.jpg I dont normally point out someone's flaws when I see them out on the road. It's none of my business, however, just to clarify the whole endorsement and extra regs point, I saw this just today.

Now let's see. Hes most likely got a double and triples endorsement. Hauling very heavy loads. Is considered and expected to be above most in the trucking industry as far as knowing his job, and respect for public safety. I'd say hes held to the highest of standards. Wouldnt you?

Yet he has his rear brake/turn/marker lights covered with his oversized load sign which is a BIG violation, and he doesn't even have mudflaps on the rear. The SIMPLEST of things were of no concern. Why would I believe a dam 25 question test would make him any more competent for the Job. Now seriously, why?

Ruthless and PoleCrusher Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    NOTHING guarantees that though.

PoleCrusher Thanks this.
  4. johndeere4020

johndeere4020 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Ohio
    Would I feel better if someone thought them? Yes. Would I feel better if they read 4 pages and took a test? No.

Ruthless, PoleCrusher and snowman_w900 Thank this.
  5. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    I agree 100 percent but you're splitting hairs here. Those bits of laziness can and are routinely done by many drivers regardless of trailer being pulled. It doesn't force anyone to do anything. People are people and they're going to do what they do. However, they can be forced to take responsibility for these types of actions after they've been "qualified" by a governing body. Then these types of morons can be systematically removed from the industry.

6. snowman_w900

snowman_w900 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Well, you can get upset all you want guy, but the fact is you're making a mountain out of a molehill here. We just simply said the endorsement is merely a failed attempt. You want more failed attempts.

Yeah, I feel pretty good about what I said. How bout you?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  7. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    But how do you know they could know them if they aren't officially tested to show that they have been given the knowledge before hand? One foot leads the next. We don't have a teacher and even if we did. Who would that be? Next we'll all be sitting here arguing over who we think is, or isn't qualified to teach.

8. PoleCrusher

PoleCrusher Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    Totally get where you're coming from. And while most will take the time to learn and do things right, some folks just don't care. One look at the hall of shame thread proves that.

One thing an endorsement would do, would make a way to get some of these idiots that have no business in open deck work out of the field.

Having a lot of respect for your knowledge and experience, what would you recommend, as a means to keeping those who have no business doing open deck work out of the field?

TripleSix Thanks this.
  9. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    I'm not upset at all and I feel great about what I say about it. I used to think age equalled wisdom but forums like this prove that isn't always true. It seems the older some people get, the more staunch about accepting anything that may be new to them and the ways they've been doing things their whole lives. Just because a concept is new doesn't make it right but just because something has been done for years doesn't obligatorily make it right either.

10. PoleCrusher

PoleCrusher Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    Yes, please let's keep it from downgrading into insults.

11. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    Hey, hey, hey I wasn't quoting you and I certainly did not mean to come off as "derogatory". It's my response to those who think because they've been doing something a certain way than that's the only way. That mentality in itself is derogatory too. This is seen more among the "experienced" more than anywhere else.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.