Just say no, CH Robinson wants to sit on your lap!!

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by 48stater, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Just because you don't care about your privacy doesn't mean it's not a legitimate concern.

Call_Me_The_Breeze Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia
    IMG_2095.PNG IMG_2093.JPG When I'm not under load with them the tracking emblem at the bottom changes color and shows "not tracking". Not sure how secure that is....? I actually don't care for electronics.

MACK E-6 Thanks this.
  4. Call_Me_The_Breeze

Call_Me_The_Breeze Medium Load Member

Dec 30, 2015
    You're missing the point. If they have a means of tracking you, the govt could very well commandeer that in the interest of 'national security' if they deem you a terrorist, as so many innocent old ladies have been subjected to intrusive 'pat-downs' in airports at the hands of the TSA.

5. loudtom

loudtom Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2016
    I have yet to see a negative consequence from this. So far it's been speculation and conspiracy theories. Has CH Robinson actually stolen anyone's customers, nude photos, or anything of the sort? Have there been an increase in unmarked vans circling the block since installing the app?

Are people, whose stance is that rigid about privacy regarding mundane issues, still as inflexible when it comes to following speed limits, making jug handle turns to avoid curbs, etc?

6. Call_Me_The_Breeze

Call_Me_The_Breeze Medium Load Member

Dec 30, 2015
    The issue is that any data collected (and rest assured, this info can be gleaned to check for inconsistencies to your logs) can be subpoenaed, etc. for use against you in any legal entanglements that may arise. That five miles you may have to fudge to get to the truck stop can bite you in the ### in such a situation, methinks. Read the Patriot Act if you haven't already (and it certainly seems so). Remember, we are federally regulated, and as such, subject to the Patriot Act where transportation safety is concerned.

p608 Thanks this.
  7. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    You don't need a tracking app for that, your phone will do that already, even a flip phone. Same as the license plate readers and facial recognition cameras that you drive past every day.

8. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    Na..... This'll work just fine.

IMG_5935.JPG

heartlessangel7, Numb and loudtom Thank this.
  9. loudtom

loudtom Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2016
    I don't plan on ever having to fudge logs. I run team, so there's no reason to. We pick our own loads, so we don't take on more than we can legally handle. Even as a solo company driver, I never had to fudge logs. I support this data collection because it would actually benefit me to show that I was doing things right.

10. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    That's the problem right there. Our legal system is supposed to presume a person to be innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around. As such, it is the state which must prove you screwed up, NOT you who must prove you did things right.

brsims and Call_Me_The_Breeze Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.