Just some of the stupid things I see

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by dieselbear, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grimesjm1

grimesjm1 Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Kensington,OH
    can see a guy doin what he has to do to get by, but then do 20 over???he was an idiot. I cheat the system from time to time but i try not to draw attention to myself when im trying to sneak my rig somewhere for whatever reason.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Superhauler

Superhauler TEACHER OF MEN

Jan 30, 2010
    keep stroking.
    wow 4.4 mpg W900L 7 and 8 axles average 80000 miles per yr last yr made around $306000 and he said my W900 will make me go broke? i like my kind of broke thank you very much!

blackw900 and outerspacehillbilly Thank this.
  4. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    I was pretty happy with my plastic piece of junk last week...averaged 7.5 mpg fighting a head wind in Nebraska and Colorado with 45K of freight on board. I ran it at 65-70 mph the entire week...when I wasn't going through town and stopping for traffic lights or train tracks for that hazmat load. It's what I expect from a Cascadia.

The misinformation out there, though, perpetrated by Freightliner, is the Cascadia is supposed to be one of the lighter tractors. It's not. It's every bit as heavy and then some as a Baby Pete. My Columbia weighed 1500 lb less than this does.

5. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

I am having a very hard struggle buying those numbers. I hope you aren't going off the digital read out. Those are notoriously wrong.

65 to 70 against a head wind with 45K does not computer to 7+ mpgs. It just don't.

outerspacehillbilly Thanks this.
  6. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    I'm not driving a KW W900. I'm in a Cascadia with DD 60 Series 515 hp...It is possible to do this especially now that it looks like it's finally running the way it's supposed to. I set the cruise and let it go. My math and the company's math both came up to 7.5 mpg. Some of the previous arguments in this thread were regarding aero and whether they actually do improve fuel economy over pushing the wind with a large flat surface on the front of a truck. I'm only saying what my experience is this past week. You'll believe what you want. And I won't keep you from it.

I will say, though, that in real world experience, some of the DD15's are getting between 8 and 9. I wish I could get that.

7. Superhauler

Superhauler TEACHER OF MEN

Jan 30, 2010
    keep stroking.
    i coruious if a dot bear ask for reciepts and i say i just mailed them home does that send up red flags and make them dig deeper?

8. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    Nope. They know not all of us have receipts. Some of us use card pay for fuel that sends us a statement at the end of the month and don't even get a receipt to start with. Just don't have 'em hanging out of your little cubby hole above the driver seat.

If they really want to be jerks, they will ask to search the truck. If they do, ya better not have any receipts or you'll really get it.

9. Crash935

Crash935 Medium Load Member

Sep 8, 2007
    Wyoming Mi
    Hey guys, just wondering if we can let diesel bear get this thread back on topic?

truckerdave1970 Thanks this.
  10. dieselbear

dieselbear Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008

Crash, I can try however all the people I have contacted the last few days have been on the up and up. Everyone has had their sheet together and doing what they are suppose to. But I know I will find someone, somewhere doing stupid sheet soon.

11. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    I didnt notice it until i went to wave at another biker on the freeway doing 80 lol....

I have fairings but my hands are not faired in so i suppose its the same as your experiment.

I have had two cascadias and both are the biggest pieces of ####e ive ever seen. They both have had fairly major issues with electrical problems.

one time my headlights blew out for no reason. I mean, there was a power surge but no explanation. Dealership says, oh, its your fault. you turned the battery shut off switch off and on when the truck was running.. ########. i did not do that. Idiots.

That truck also struggled to get 6.1 mpg. This truck struggles to get 7.5 with light loads and no wind, usually gets 7.1 I drive efficiently and have gotten better economy on other trucks.

The windshield leaks on cascadias are worse than any other freightliners ive ever driven.

The leaky windshield on this truck is shorting stuff out. I mean, it leaks more than stock but its still not an excuse. Horn is shorting out and going off on its own, fuel gauge doesnt work when it rains, ....

Cabinet latches break easy

Hood fell off the first one

Bumper is plastic ####

Everything is plastic ####.

Except for what is fiberglass.

Air conditioning requires the outside temperatuer switch to work to function. WHY?

Hydraulic clutch that nobody knows how to touch.

Bad latch design on the upper bunk, easier to latch on a columbia? wtf?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.