Just some of the stupid things I see

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by dieselbear, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    My insurance has unlicensed driver coverage built in. Not only that, I got in a wreck in January in a snowstorm and the other guy was covered by the same company. They offered to replace his vehicle entirely and he's now decided to sue me instead. They called me up and they're going to cover everything including the cost of a lawyer. They're actually going to fight this guy off for me if he does sue and I just had liability. I had no idea that was part of my coverage.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    I have it on my personal vehicle, not sure it is on the commercial policy.

4. nitrogen

nitrogen Medium Load Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Calgary Alberta
    Well if you don't think the government is the "best" choice to judge skills maybe you have a "better" suggestion? He lost his license for driving DRUNKand you don't have a problem with him continuing to drive without a license, and in all likelihood continuing to drive drunk. Maybe when he wipes out one of your family members you'll have a problem with it then.

5. osokusmc

osokusmc Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2011
    SD
    I would have a problem with someone wiping out my family whether they are drunk or not. As far as who is the best to judge skills, it should be the insurance provider, the owner of the equipment, the owner of the freight, or even maybe the driver being responsible for his own actions.

You can get a DUI without being drunk. Just because the government picks a number and calls it drunk, doesn't necessarily mean that it coincides with reality. People should be accountable for any damage they cause to people or their property, but they shouldn't be run through the ringer when they've done no damage. I've never had a DUI, never done drugs, etc., so I'm not defending any poor choices I've made. You should be free to make your choices, but also responsible for the consequences.

6. SHO-TYME

SHO-TYME Road Train Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Dahlonega, GA
    Make sure he never gets it back, and if caught operating on a suspended CDL, I think that may happen.

7. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!
    he doesn't even have a license, so the CDL thing isint an issue here.

8. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Jail time then.

truckon and cetanediesel Thank this.
  9. daf105paccar

daf105paccar Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2012
    My advice to you, Mr Osokusmc, is to go live in a place where the state doesn't do anything.
    There are such places in the world.
    See how your idea's work in real life.(they don't but you will not believe me anyway):biggrin_25521:

slowpoke89 Thanks this.
  10. osokusmc

osokusmc Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2011
    SD
    Why does it have to be all or none? There is a legitimate role for the government. If not for the gridlock of laws and regulations, would you go out and tear up your equipment and hurt other people? Why is it that you don't roll through the truck stop tearing off the hoods of one truck after another? Is it because it's against the law, or because it would be physically and financially detrimental to you and the other truckers involved?

11. daf105paccar

daf105paccar Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Because you think that all people think and care about their actions.
    A lot don't.
    As a example.........how many drivers have been on this forum complaining about drivers who use the fuelisland as their personal parkingspace.

In a perfect world we would not need goverment to impose laws but the world isn't perfect and humans are even worse.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.