Just some of the stupid things I see

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by dieselbear, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. osokusmc

osokusmc Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2011
    SD
    Well of course profit and even recreation are measured against the value of people's lives. There is risk involved in everything we do, life is a full contact sport. You say people worried about regulations should get out of trucking, I say people who fret over their safety to the point they want to micro-manage my life should get out of trucking. Find something that is more agreeable with your level of risk tolerance.

By the way, I'm far from anti government, I'm all for government. They should stick to what governments are for, and nothing else. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and even to act on it, up until the point they cause damage to someone or their property.

Hammer166 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nitrogen

nitrogen Medium Load Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Calgary Alberta
    Up until they cause damage. Wonderful concept that. Unfortunately too many people are more concerned with their "freedoms" than they are with not causing harm to others. Until we have that Shangrila we have to have laws to curb these folks BEFORE the harm is done

As to parking where he did, honestly he couldn't pull ahead another 40 feet when he was already sitting in a running truck. No we don't need a law for him he just needs a good kick in the balls for being so inconsiderate.

25(2)+2, Hammer166 and cetanediesel Thank this.
  4. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    I wish I could have the job of passing those out; I believe my job satisfaction would vastly improve!:biggrin_2559:

5. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    Just good ol common sense would take a lot of the bs out of it. That would be asking alot. Its amazing the lights come on every morning.

6. nitrogen

nitrogen Medium Load Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Calgary Alberta
    Hamm thats a big 10-4 you an me both.

Paul Harvey used to say self government won't work without self discipline. It's still true today. We wouldn't need as many lawyers or laws if more folks exercised some self discipline and their brains

7. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    I think this thread (or the last few pages any) should be moved to the "Politics" thread.

Personally I will just UNSUBSCRIBE!

8. misterG

misterG Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2009
    ask my dispatcher

osokusmc Thanks this.
  9. d o g

d o g Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Texas
    Let's get back to the stupid things that the DOT guys see, please.

10. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    My opinion? People should be free to do whatever they want to do. Unless and until what they want to do infringes upon the freedom of others to do what they want to do. That is where their freedom must be curtailed.

osokusmc, truckon, misterG and 2 others Thank this.
  11. roadgypsie

roadgypsie Light Load Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Fairbury,NE
    Nothing opinionated about it, it's the facts of what life should be for everyone, everywhere. Unfortunately mankind is too stupid to understand or allow it.

osokusmc Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.