Just started, only worked 1 day in the last three weeks. Move on?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Road-house, Feb 24, 2021.

1. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    Texas is mostly screwed up right now due to texas energy policy and companies refusing to winterize their ng wellheads when they had clear signs 10 years ago it could be a problem. Thats not biden vs trump or saving the planet, thats just willful stupidity coupled with greed and a refusal to plan for the future.

Moosetek13 and Eddiec Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Someone planned for the future. They went south of the border for vacation. lol

4. OldeSkool

OldeSkool Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Arkansas
    You’ll notice I said idk if that’s it. I don’t keep up with politics and all that to have any idea. That’s just what everyone is saying.

5. skallagrime

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    Thats precisely the problem. "Everyone is saying it" is a bad reason to repeat it ESPECIALLY if you dont know about it yourself.
    I would argue that its repeating/posting "they say" that is exactly why people are so polarized and are incapable of having sane discourse on nearly any topic. Its also why everyone seems to have their own set of "facts"
    "I heard x is a nazi"
    "Someone said covid is fake"
    Are both undoubtedly true but essentially both are fake news since they are hearsay comments meant to strengthen the persons affiliation with whatever tribe they are identifying with

(lest you think im accusing you of malintent, im not, its usually not concious and is part of being human thats maladapted to todays world)

randomname and Moosetek13 Thank this.
  6. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    'Everyone is saying', 'they say', 'I heard'...
    Trump was often heard to say... '...and everyone knows it'.

Too much these days is, as Trump would put it, fake news.

Every side does it, and who is to know the actual facts in any matter?
    None of us plebes, I'm sure.

OldeSkool Thanks this.
  7. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I've learned to not listen

Lucky12 and OldeSkool Thank this.
  8. skallagrime

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    Fun fact, first use of "fake news" was hillary (december 8 2016) in reference to the pizzagate thing. THEN Trump latched onto it.

9. OldeSkool

OldeSkool Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Arkansas
    Well what I do know is I can’t make much money and all of the paper mills are running slow because they can’t get natural gas. I really don’t care who’s responsible for it, but it’s hurting a lot of millworkers and truck drivers right now and I sure don’t see any way it’s helping the US economy.

10. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    The pandemic has hurt a lot of businesses.

I had to buy a scratch and dent fridge for more then I wanted to pay because I didn't want to wait 4 months.

People are waiting months to buy a house because lumber is scarce. They can't seem to get fully operational. Fire season doesn't help.

Cars are waiting for parts.

Restaurants are only half capacity. And the best ones won't even open up to dining. We have 4 that won't open up.

It's a different world right now economy wise.

OldeSkool and Lucky12 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.