Just to reverse this: I have a question FOR the general public.

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by Infosaur, Sep 12, 2019.

1. MGE Dawn

MGE Dawn Road Train Member

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    Better question would be why anyone expects the general public to know anything at all

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    I heard a woman at a Loves make a confused comment at a Loves after a shower announcement.

"Showers at a gas station? Uhhhh do they not have showers at home?"

One of the places I picked up at had another woman ask me if they "let us sleep at all" while we are out on the road.

I said of course, there are bunk racks in the truck. Her eyes grew wide, "that is sooo cool!"

Another woman though we had to share a bed when we both have to sleep at the same time.

Another thought we all sleep in motels. She asked where the hell do you sleep at if not a motel. I told her to notice all the space the tractor has behind the drivers door window. She thought there were just "machines" back there.

"The only machine you are going to find back there is a fan, environmental controls, and maybe a game system."

Thats just living. Even people that work at trucking companies.

They dont want me parking at customer locations. They are worried about trailers being vandalized. Mind you the only damage I have had so far was one time at a truck stop someone hit me while I was inside.

4. Mike250rs

Mike250rs Heavy Load Member

Sep 24, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    Fuel pumps are faster on the truck side and have less water in the fuel.

starmac Thanks this.
  5. MGE Dawn

MGE Dawn Road Train Member

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    I'll concede the faster pumps (god knows every time I go to fuel my 4 wheeler my first thought is "####, these pumps are slow"), but highly doubt that there's any less water in the underground holding tank for the truck diesel compared to the diesel on the automotive side. That implies the presence of more holding tanks than is necessary, which goes against the path most corporations take of spending as little money as possible to make the greatest profit possible

OldeSkool Thanks this.
  6. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I don'tlike fueling my pickup on the fast truck pumps, but I do fuel my dragup tank on them.

One of the dumbest things I have had members of the general public tell me, was when they claimed trucks needed outlawed, and I ask where they thought they would get their groceries at if it was not for trucks.
    I will get them at the grocery store like everybody does now. lol I have been told this more than once. lol

7. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Those are people that don't know how to drive. And they have problems driving around trucks because they dont know what they are doing.

D.Tibbitt and Cabinover101 Thank this.
  8. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Well, some drivers DO co-drive with their wives.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  9. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Of course, some do. But not the case here. Lol

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  10. Mr. Cob

Mr. Cob Light Load Member

Howdy ClassB,
    I park my Smart Car in the truck slots all the time.
    [​IMG]
    Dave

Cabinover101 and thelushlarry Thank this.
  11. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

You got better pics of that setup?

Could you still haul a standard cargo trailer? How's your clearance with the 5th wheel? What kind of ramps do you use? Could you use a Scion iQ instead of a Smart?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.