Just wondering what you thought.

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by Moosetek13, Mar 27, 2023.

1. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    No much recent activity here.

I was wondering what you thought about Knight-Swift's intention of acquiring U.S. Xpress?

dptrucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    Basically good thing for the companies. For the drivers ? Who knows..... I left Roads West before Knight bought them. Friends that were lease drivers did not thrive. But a few company drivers have stayed and are treated well. Our night dispatch got good raise but some driver mgrs and load planners had worked Knight before and quit on spot. Those are my thoughts about it. What someones experience with it goes is their game not mine. USX was losing ground, so if i was a driver still there at this point id stick around and see what happens.

But get Wasp Spray just in case:p

4. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    There are always some shakeups when companies merge.

When Knight acquired Swift there were a few small changes, but they are still running the companies as separate entities.
    They say the same will happen with US Express.

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  5. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    Was Variant a division of US Express? Thought they were, and if so, I wonder what becomes of them.....

The whole Knight Swift conglomerate seems to be doing fairly well, better than I would've thought when that deal happened. I don't see them driving or pulling junk...

And for all the grief Swit seems to get for accidents and such, I gotta say they must be doing something right.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  6. silverspur

silverspur Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Will you pull their trailers with your Swift truck? Get to use their yards, showers etc.?

7. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I have never pulled a Knight trailer with my Swift truck.
    I've been to a Knight terminal in Indianapolis, but that was to pick up a t-called Swift trailer.
    For the most part the two companies don't mix. Apples stay with apples, oranges...

And I don't shower at any terminal. Period.

D.Tibbitt and silverspur Thank this.
  8. Deadwood

Deadwood Heavy Load Member

Dec 24, 2016
    My takeaway is this is an $808 million vote by Swift that automated driving trucks are not right around the corner, as some claim.

You wouldn’t make a move this big if there was some revolutionary technology right around the corner.

Many of those trucking automation companies have gone out of business and the ones still around are dealing with the first round of lawsuits from accidents they have caused.

9. OTR--247

OTR--247 Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2010
    miami,fl
    Well... they were pretty serious about it. like 800 mill time

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.