K&B Transportation. HONEST review!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Bakari742, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Totally agree, as with many of the youtube truckers the attention goes to their head and they think they are stars to be adored and worshiped.

pattyj Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mikeotr

mikeotr Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2016
    80-90 percent night driving and it is 1125 per week not 1225 per week

4. lnrtrans2016

lnrtrans2016 Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2017
    I do not work for KB but i am looking into them for future employment, and was reading some reviews. most of them were about there safety rating.
    They have had a few accidents and yes some of the were bad. But over all there Safety Rating isn't that bad.
    This report is for the last 2 years

K & B TRANSPORTATION INC
    • U.S. DOT#: 320526

• Address: 4700 DAKOTA AVENUE
      SOUTH SIOUX CITY, NE 68776
    • Number of Vehicles: 724
    • Number of Drivers: 724
    • Number of Inspections: 1,398

Safety Rating & OOS Rates
    (As of 09/21/2017 updated daily from SAFER )

SATISFACTORY
    (Rating Date: 06/17/2015)
    Out of Service Rates
    Type OOS % National Avg %
    Vehicle
    13.9 20.7
    Driver 1.4 5.5
    Hazmat 4.5

5. RU4Sportymom2

RU4Sportymom2 Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Corsicana TX
    I am leaving K&B, I have had 5 of my own trucks and and guys work for me. I have been a trainer myself and in all of my years have seen nothing like this. I was told on more than one occassion to drive over my hours and illegally by more than one person here on multiple occassions! My second day here at K& B, I was told by someone on the phone( I was calling dispatch) who refused to give me his name that, "They were not going to make it easy for me here". I asked his name and what was meant by the comment? He repeated, " We will not make it easy for you here!" I am the only female I've seen here at K&B.
    Unbelievably, I was awaked from sleep because of one of the nightshift guys calling and yelling at me from a dead sleep, grilling me over why I'm not at the shipper getting loaded?! (He invallidated my 10 hour clock by calling me "back to back" 3 consecutive times, I have a health issue as well as being in hotel due to APU being broke, My APU has been out since 2-3 days ago. I can't sleep without A/C.
    Also, no one here notifies anyone from the next shift about "any changes" in regard to loads or personnel). There is no respect here for anyone, there is work and pay.
    The lady in maintainance said, "your dispatcher has to route you for it that he would get it in for maintenance that she would message him". Never happened!
    I've learned that unless you tell each person here individually anything you need or want it will not be done. They do not call, email or text each other to keep each other apprised of loads, etc. Everything here is very vague! Hey, but they DO have loads and guaranteed pay. They do 8/2 split "ONLY" absolutely no 10 hour breaks. They will call you and harrass you at all hours! Which is True, blatantly violating your DOT mandated 10 hour break!
    I had breakdowns with trailer's 2 of which were one behind the other, they will come and have another driver get your load and leave you an empty.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    cowboy_kelz and Lonesome Thank this.
  6. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    I wonder if Bakari742 is still with K&B.....

I love these guys that put highly informative posts in the favorite section only to bail 6 months later when the honeymoon is over. They never follow up with a "what happened" post.

Lonesome, Bakari742 and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  7. Bakari742

Bakari742 Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2016
    United States
    I’m not with K&B anymore. Loved working for them and no it didn’t last 6 months. If you read my thread you’ll see that I started there in 2013 and left on December 2017. Now I’m doing local P&D for Midwest Motor Express. I miss K&B but I’m happy doing local and being home every night, and if I were to ever go back on the road, K&B will be the first company I’ll call.

Wicked Wizard Thanks this.
  8. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    He is not. He either went local or got his own truck. I can’t remember which.

Bakari742 Thanks this.
  9. Bakari742

Jan 30, 2016
    United States
    You are right. I’m doing local P&D for MME

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  10. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    I remember her. She lost her med card in January due to clerical error. Stated she was homeless. Profile says retired. But was also a business owner at one point. I’m stepping away from this one.

11. Bakari742

Jan 30, 2016
    United States

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.