K Restriction Question

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by MrJayAndPuddin, Feb 8, 2024.

1. MrJayAndPuddin

MrJayAndPuddin Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2024
    Ohio
    So I have my CDL A. I received a K restriction due to issues with sleep apnea numbers (My medical issues aren’t general run of the mill; please don’t badger me about it especially not having typical problems with staying awake and what not).

I’m getting my P & S endorsements. I’m curious as State law read a bit funny. It mentioned not needing “interstate” as long as cargo/passengers aren’t a one-way deal. Like if I pick up in my state and finish in my state with same cargo/passengers, I’m exempt. I’m just trying to figure out if I can do out of state field trips since the kids would go and come back.

I figured either way, I’ll work on getting the DOT Physical updated if possible. It’s BS that I can get one doc to sign off but another wants to deny me. And no, I wasn’t doctor shopping. The first one said come back and he’d sign off, but he was too far away and unavailable when I needed to get the DOT Med done. So second doctor just denied me. I tried to explain the law and she didn’t understand as well as the first doctor did. Ffs ‍♂️

I’m fine without a machine and there was no increase in health with it and haven’t seen decrease without it. It is what it is.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    My nephew had severe sleep apnea and fixed it with this:
    Outpatient procedure.
    VA will pay for veterans.
    Inspire Sleep Apnea Innovation - Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
    The Inspire ® implant is the only FDA-approved OSA therapy that works comfortably 2 inside your body to treat the root cause of sleep apnea, so you can breathe regularly and sleep …

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    This video is 5 yrs. old.

5. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
    I have a K restriction, haven't actually used it, but it means no out of state commercial driving.

have mine since I'm retired and wanted to keep it , just in case I wanted to drive again.

MrJayAndPuddin Thanks this.
  6. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    What's P & S endorsements?

7. TexasRiverRat

TexasRiverRat Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2021
    Passenger and school bus

8. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    P = passenger?
    S = bus? School?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.