Kane Transport : Fuel tanker co.

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by eightball, Sep 19, 2010.

1. eightball

eightball Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Rockford,il
    Does anyone know anything about this co.? Also, I have never pulled a tanker before and would like to get some insight on what to expect. Thank you.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bluecrest8

Bluecrest8 Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2010
    Rockford Illinois
    Three weeks into this comapny and I'm still drawing $13 an hour training. The reason is the refineries or fuel depots require sometimes at least three loadings with a trainer and a series of tests before they will grant you a card used for access to load. I currently have 1 card and that is only to deliver ethanol to one location. Three weeks later. You will find it extremely difficult to get to the same loading facility three times. Because if the buyer finds a market that is 1/2 of one penny cheaper per gallon. They will send you there. There are cases where after sitting and waiting in line to load they call you and tell you to pull out of line and go somewhere else to load. And Kane pays 0 for deadhead miles. And if you talk to drivers hauling fuel for other companies they will tell you that Kane is the lowest paying fuel hauler out there. The company tells you nothing more than absolutely necessary. The MUSHROOM syndrome. The recruiting is deceptive and for what it pays and the hassles associated with this job. You could make a lot more pulling a box and bumping docks. One reason I'm sticking in with it is because it's somewhat a local job. The other is because with time maybe I can get good at it and someone that pays well will be able to employ me.

4. Mortar Man

Mortar Man Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2008
    They own transport services also

5. wesland24

wesland24 Medium Load Member

Dec 15, 2006
    Macon,GA
    kenan advantage group (KAG) owns transport services , kane is a fuel hauler in the upper midwest

6. Bluecrest8

Bluecrest8 Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2010
    Rockford Illinois
    Do not confuse Kane with Kenan Advantage. They are totally different companies. Kane is owned by the Kane family. Kenan is a lot bigger and is several diffrent companies to include Klemm Tank Lines

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.