Kansas City Fleet info?

Discussion in 'Interstate' started by Dark_Majesty_06, May 24, 2013.

1. skyviper73

skyviper73 Heavy Load Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Centennial, CO
    Ok, I'm going to be running the Kansas City regional out of Denver starting after my orientation 9/4/13. Can anyone tell me where in the Denver metro is the IDC dropyard located. I'm just wondering how far it is from my house. Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Palazon

Palazon Road Train Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    Down by the TA to the west side of Denver. I think it's Berkley area off of I-76, but my normal mappings on the truck laptop.

skyviper73 Thanks this.
  4. Giltner1

Giltner1 Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2012
    I.E. SO-CAL
    It's right across the street from Navajos yard, it's just a dirt drop yard.

skyviper73 Thanks this.
  5. Blue02celi

Blue02celi Road Train Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    yeah the TA is a bit west of the terminal. Its off of pecos and 76, first exit west of 25, its the voyager express terminal, and you can see the trailers right from I-76, right next door to navajo/digby or whatever they're called now

skyviper73 Thanks this.
  6. skyviper73

Feb 17, 2012
    Centennial, CO
    Hmm, it could be farther from my house in southeast Aurora (Centennial), but it wouldn't matter. Still, it's better than parking my tractor in my driveway. (After years of parking in my driveway, the concrete is cracking and sinking!) I know that area. It could be worse.

7. Blue02celi

Blue02celi Road Train Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    yeah its a little hike from aurora, thats where I live as well (by iliff and buckley) just ran up 225 to 70 and onto 270 then over to 76, first exit
    now im with mclane they are just over on tower and 70 so it takes me like 20 minutes max with traffic

8. skyviper73

Feb 17, 2012
    Centennial, CO
    Good to know. I live near E470 and Smokey Hill. Saddlerock area. I'll probably just hit E470 to 70 and over. That's how I get to work now at Havana and 70. I've been local for the past 9 months and it's time to get back on the road again. I seem to go in cycles. Local and OTR every year to 18 months. As much as I like being home every night, I'm really not a local driver at heart. Sooooo bored doing local work!

9. skyviper73

Feb 17, 2012
    Centennial, CO
    I did food service for about a year, back in 2007. Not bad, so long as you can run safe. I ran my ### off doing two runs a week to Salt Lake. Fun, fun, fun! I did however make some serious money, like over $1300 take home a week. I got tired of pushing a two wheel dolly through the snow and up over curbs so I moved on to something else. For me though, OTR with a good company is the best job. Roehl was an awesome OTR company, but it got harder and harder for them to get me back to Denver. Not their fault, just no customers out here. I'm hoping IDC will be decent to drive for.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.