Kansas City, MO looking for company and school suggestions

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Dugan_nash, Nov 17, 2017.

1. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    We have an owner operator where I work who used to work for liquid trucking. He had great things to say about them. He said he made great money and was home frequently. The only reason he left them was to fulfill his desire to own his own truck. He couldn't do that at Liquid Trucking. He was in their division called Barto. But he said all of the divisions of the company are good.

Dugan_nash Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    x1heavy is right. Those caves are in western Missouri and start up around Kansas City and go down around Carthage and Joplin and I think there are a few around Springfield. I've read that 70%of industry in the KC metro area is underground. My older brother works for a little steel service center company called Ronson that is underground. He said in the complex he is in, there are roads underground, with stop signs, and street names etc. I've yet to go into one, even though I grew up in that area of Missouri.

Dugan_nash and Getsinyourblood Thank this.
  4. Dugan_nash

Dugan_nash Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2017
    Missouri
    Wow never knew it was that big underground, and I grew up around here as well.

MrEd Thanks this.
  5. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    One of the instructors at Crowder used to be my brother-in-law. I knew how much actual driving experience he had. I have no idea how he got that job. At the company I used to work at, I had a few co-drivers who went to Crowder. They seemed pretty well trained in comparison to some guys I'd had.

Dugan_nash and Getsinyourblood Thank this.
  6. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    FYI the caves in Kansas City are by and under Worlds of Fun. That is owned by the Hunt Family and I had rented an area under their for about a year to run a project. It is the largest business development underground in the United States. A lot of drivers hate it since it is tight in some areas. Also caves down by channel 41 I believe down town area called Dean’s. They are a lot smaller and will not fit a 53’ trailer in them. I have rented area in both.

Also liquid trucking claimed when I talked to them they would not hire new CDL holder out of a 160 hour school. You may have better luck with them since you are younger.

Have you talked to Apex CDL school? I know they work with local companies as well.

Dugan_nash Thanks this.
  7. Dugan_nash

Dugan_nash Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2017
    Missouri
    Apex seems like a strong option, I'd love to hear from anyone who went through Apex CDL school. Right now I'm deciding on MCCKC vs Apex, both cost around the same. I'd love to go with Crowder but I dont want to spend the extra $1,000 for housing and meal-plan since it's not within commuting distance.

I guess my goal right now is 1.) Private school 2.) Regional or local Tanker company with tuition reimbursement 3.) Live happily ever after :biggrin:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.