KBR Is looking for drivers to go Iraq then Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Other News' started by haz-matguru, Apr 21, 2020.

1. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I worked for KBR in 2005-2007 as a driver and was over $100,000 each year. The tax free deal was what made it worthwhile. But they no longer ad the uplifts to pay that we got back then so if you make $60,000 now, I would be surprised.
    And Afghanistan is winding down anyway, My nephew who works for Fluor is coming home this week as his job ended there.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Yes I worked there from 2008 to 2011. And here's what the KBR recruiter told me last year.

This was Iraq truck driver

2700 base pay w/5% uplift
    6 day work schedules, w/option to work 7th day
    10 hr shifts at 15.58 p/hr OT after 40

But she said KBR was trying to finish up in Iraq with the drivers. Then you would be transfered to Afghanistan. Not sure if the pay was a little higher there. However it should have been. Because bases still get hit in the ghanny.

As for Fluor I had a buddy that came back home in 2019 from Afghanistan with them. And he said the money just isn't the same now.

Me personally wouldn't drive for a contractor unless another conflict kicked off. Then the pay would go up.

kemosabi49 Thanks this.
  4. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    Do You Accept These Conditions?
    Do You Wish To Proceed?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
  5. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Does any of the Former convoy drivers remember Mancuff from Anaconda? I heard maybe it was 3 yrs ago. That he was still over there. WOW!!!

It was crazy to me how some of those CC's or drivers that smooched there way into management. Though they were going to come back to the U.S. and become some big manager at a trucking company.

Hell most everywhere I tried once I got back said that the experience didn't count because the driving wasn't in the U.S. But like a buddy said the only promotion those guys would see in the states was a driver trainer for stevens or England.

On the flip side I didn't look at KBR as a career. It was just a temporary job that payed more than most companies in the U.S. at the time. And it allowed me and others to make and save some cash. However I never went to Thailand to blow my cash on those chicks like others did.

It was a shame that some of those guys went home broke!!!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
    kemosabi49 Thanks this.
  6. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    That's because they had to drink away their confusion after they discovered those Thailand chicks weren't chicks.

JoeyJunk, austinmike and jason6541 Thank this.
  7. RollinThunderVet

RollinThunderVet Heavy Load Member

Mar 19, 2014
    well this thread didnt age well.... lol

D.Tibbitt, wndrwtr and LoneRanger Thank this.
  8. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Give it time, the next conflict will be along shortly and KBR will be looking for drivers again. Maybe to run the gauntlet from CA to NJ thru the wilds of mid-America.

RollinThunderVet and wndrwtr Thank this.
  9. TruckerLlew

TruckerLlew Medium Load Member

Jun 30, 2006
    Oklahoma
    I'm SO glad I drive in the US

I'll just leave this here...

Yeah it's Iraq but it's more about the employer. KBR is a subsidiary of Halliburton.

10. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    KBR was completely split off from Halliburton in 2007. They are now a separate company

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.