Kelles transport???

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Commuter69, May 31, 2016.

1. TruckersWife89

TruckersWife89 Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2016
    California
    Sorry, had a problem with my phone. From what I've seen, KTS is mostly hands off. As long as you know how to use the Qualcomm, drive the truck, and get the load to it's destination, they don't care about much else. They can see the truck's location at all times, and will occassionally ask for eta to see if they need to reschedule appointments or swap loads with nearby drivers. Everything is done through the Qualcomm. Send a message for Pre-trips, Arrive at Shipper, Depart Shipper, etc. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it. My husband just got his dad signed on, and he's loving it. He had trouble with the Qualcomm at first, but he's good now.

2. TruckersWife89

Jun 1, 2016
    California
    If you would like, you can send me your first and last name, email, and phone number, and I will have my husband call his recruiter. He can get you hired (They love him there. Lol) His dad doesn't have the best record, and he got hired. As long as you have 6 moths verifiable experience, you should be able to get hired right away. They will fly you out Southwest, and put you in a room for the 2 day orientation.

sdsurfer77 and 4mer trucker Thank this.
  3. Commuter69

Commuter69 Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2014
    My former employer had a dispatcher assigned to me that had no experience driving, and wanted to micromanage me (that is the fast lane to nowhere regardless of the context; I challenged him to show me ANY respected leader who has written books that discusses micromanagement as a viable tool to success) and I had to check in with him whenever I stopped for more than a meal or human break.

I just was approved earlier today, but chose to delay orientation until Monday, so I travel Sunday. Need to call back on Thursday to complete details.

What can you tell me about orientation? I plan to pack lightly and get a first dispatch to run through Sacramento for at least a 10 hr break to collect the rest of my gear(I will park at the PFJ near home and have my niece bring it to me since she is out of school).

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  4. TruckersWife89

Jun 1, 2016
    California
    Oh good! Orientation is 2 days, you get dispatched the 3rd day. Pick out your truck on 2nd day, I believe, as soon as UA test results come back. Hotel shuttle will pick you up from the airport, and take you to orientation both days. I wasn't there, so I can't tell you exactly what they tell you. They go through the Drivers handbook, get direct deposit situated. I don't advise it, but you can get your paycheck on your Comdata card. Nick (equipment manager) will do a drive test. You can float the gears. My husband said everyone is very friendly, and goes in to say hi when he's in SLC. I think he got to meet everyone in the office during orientation. There's free wifi, if you need it. Lol. They will route you home to get your stuff if you need to. You may load at Dannon, which is drop and hook. Here's a tip: the pickup number they give you is rarely the actual pickup number, so make sure you write down all the numbers in the load information. They are usually at the bottom,in additional information.

5. TruckersWife89

Jun 1, 2016
    California
    If you'd like to get a head start you can find the KTS driver handbook online. Also, they offer a week paid vacation after a year.

6. Commuter69

Jul 2, 2014
    Can you provide the address of the terminal in Stockton?

7. Commuter69

Jul 2, 2014
    Does anyone know the age of the oldest truck in the COMPANY fleet? Not interested in an owner operator truck, but just to get an idea as to how often trucks are retired out...

8. TruckersWife89

Jun 1, 2016
    California
    Sorry, I'll have to ask my husband tomorrow, he's already asleep. They have a list of yards in every truck binder. The truck he was in before the 2017 was a 2013, but that was one of the oldest they had. It was a truck they had acquired from Specialized Express, not one of their own, and I believe they were selling all of their old trucks at the time.

Commuter69 Thanks this.
  9. Commuter69

Jul 2, 2014
    2013 was still NEWER than any truck I drove for the last idiots.... lol

10. TruckersWife89

Jun 1, 2016
    California
    Lol.. Yes, same thing with my husband. That's probably why he loves it so much. You'll never have a problem with buying fuel, or taking it to the shop.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.