Kelloggs....Not trying To Start anything, But Just FYI

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Opus, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    My company could dump the union w a 60 day notice and lock us out. Not sure if that is contract language or state labor regulations.
    Highly unlikely due to the specialized nature and the negative publicity.
    If I recall the biggest point of contention there is a 2 tier wage system. New employees would start at a lower wage w a lower maximum rate.

bzinger Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    And the fact that Kellogg didn't follow the agreement for promoting 2nd tier workers.

Opus and bzinger Thank this.
  4. special-k

special-k Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Southern Ontario Canada
    Pretty good article online at rollingstone.com. Any place that has mandatory overtime is a deal breaker for me. All these guys having a ____ measuring contest bragging about working tons of hours. Good for you. Other people that want a life shouldn't be punished or forced to work overtime because the company doesn't want to hire more people. This has been a common theme ever since 08 in the steel hauling world.

5. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I don't have a problem with mandatory overtime provided it's used sparingly. When it's happening more than once a quarter it means the business doesn't have enough employees and needs to hire more.

Businesses don't want to do that because they don't want to pay for the "extra" employees during slack times. It makes sense from a balance sheet perspective but not when you look at the long term health of the company.

bzinger and special-k Thank this.
  6. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Omaha is Kelloggs largest plant and in today's Labor market I think Kelloggs is going to lose badly on this .

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.