Kentucky 24 is # TRIMAC ( tanker yanker )

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Mortar Man, May 9, 2011.

1. Mortar Man

Mortar Man Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2008
    There will be lots who look at the 1.30 and 0.92 and think , WOW ... That's a great deal with 100% FSG loaded and empty man this is what I need to be doing ...

Problem is ... Yes you are getting 100% FSG or at least 95% which is better than most carriers but if you look at the billed FSG and let's say you get 100% then you have to look at your base compensation .

100% FSG means you get 100% billed FSG to the customer

So with that in mind here's your base compensation Based onthe new pay package ...

1.30 loaded plus 25 FSG = 1.55 - 0.46 = 1.09
    0.92 empty plus 25 FSG = 1.17 - 0.46 = 0.71

It's ... 1.09 loaded / 0.71 empty

Part of your FSG is built into that rate but you have to look at your BASE RATE because as you know FSG fluxs so above is your true BASE RATE as determined by the NEW CONTRACT ...

Problem is most won't take the time to figure that Base Line or even ask what the FSG is based on ..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mortar Man

Dec 16, 2008
    The above example was based on

Today's fuel prices
    The old contract FSG
    The New contract FSG

Which will = your new BASE LINE COMP

4. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Kentucky24 first off Semper Fi and thanks for your service.

Now to my point, I have followed your exploits as far back as your Wal-Mart days, and in my opinion you got spoiled working for a top tier company in the beginning. INMO you will never find the "perfect" company. There will always be something that could be better, or benefit the driver or I/C in a more positive way. As long as your making good money and are happy with your home time,life is good.

The company im leased to is far from perfect, but I make great money and get home just about every weekend. I have given up trying to find the "perfect" company.

Again I enjoy your informative post, be good and be safe.

5. Mortar Man

Dec 16, 2008
    And yes , I'm complaining ...

Because my old Base Line was ..

1.10 / 0.90
    Now it's
    1.09 / 0.71

Which as I showed in my previous examples is a net loss plain and simple
    No matter how you spin it .

But some may say yeah KY24 but your not looking at the big picture we get extras such as ...

1. Deimurge 25.00 per hr
    2. Layover 100.00 per 24 hr
    3. Pump / Air 40.00 each per load
    4. Bonus 10%
    5. Fuel discount

Ok let's see ...

Pump and air $40.00 ... What's your margin ? Wear and tear on PTO , Engine , Fuel Burn , Fuel Tax on Fuel burn ( didn't think about that did you )
    Your time to hook up , disconnect .. Pump wash ( normally $5-8.00 )
    Your a million aire ... Nope you make about 5-10.00 after you figure it all in

Deimurge ? After 2 you get 25.00 per so you may be able to add 0.005 per mile on the rare occurrence you get it cause most the time you will be at a customer right at 2 hrs = no pay

Bonus : as I said DO NOT COUNT AS WAGE because you cannot control it ..

Layover : count if you want to but if your cool with camping out for 100.00 when the truck could have made 600-800 your a fool ... Plus most likely your idling so let's say you do take at least 35.00 away for cost of fuel burned then fuel tax
    So it goes down to let's say 65.00 now

Bottom line ... Is

Your BASE LINE COMPENSATION is where you make your money .. So know your BASE LINE - Minus FSG .... That's your income ... Do not base FSG into your income or you will FAIL

6. Mortar Man

Dec 16, 2008

I think you missed my point I was happy till they changed to the new pay package coming up which will produce a net loss .. How can you be happy with that ?

I don't think I'm ranting as much as I'm trying to get the info out there to prevent someone from knowing .. Yes
    Walmart was good but I enjoy being a IC much better ..

I'm not being hateful ... But how can u be happy with a pay cut ?

7. Mortar Man

Dec 16, 2008
    Thanks for your service also ...
    Semper Fi

8. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    By know means did I mean to come off that you were complaning, and I appreciate the fact the you are putting out as much as information as you do for the perspective I/C that might be considering leasing on there.

9. Mortar Man

Dec 16, 2008
    No qual from me fellow Jar Head ...:)

I just was happy there until Thursday when this NEW stuff came to light
    And I simply was not happy to be running my unit for less money to do the same job at the same customers

10. Mortar Man

Dec 16, 2008
    I case I may have sounded strong ... In no way am I trying to steer anyone away from Trimac . I just simply want you to be informed in case you are considering them and how this NEW PAY works and trying to help you with a BASE LINE calculation ...

As to where to work ... ? That's your call as a business owner . I'm just stating the facts as they were presented to me . That was my intention but at the same time I am effected by this NEW Pay and I may have been a little strong with my emotions but us MARINES tend to do that when we believe in a cause or it effects others we respect ..

Semper Fi

11. djf

djf Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2009
    ky
    Do these changes apply to calvert city or are we protected with are union contract

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.