Kenworth Custom Shop Manuals

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by CropShop, Sep 16, 2021.

1. CropShop

CropShop Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2020
    Hello,
    I was researching the availability of repair manuals for a 2009 Kenworth Truck and came across these on Ebay. 2009 kenworth shop manual | eBay
    Does anyone know if these books are a comprehensive repair manual and include wiring schematics? Are they available new from Paccar?
    Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BoxCarKidd

BoxCarKidd Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    On line manuals is a questionable deal. I have bought several. Some of them are surly offshore. Paid for them with Paypal as I was told that is safer. Some were very good and an other shop manual was actually a parts manual. Had a computer problem and lost a good one six months later. Contacted the company and they resent the manual for free. Another company flat out screwed me. Another started asking unrelated questions.
    I have a shop manual for a 300? Peterbilt. Probably from the 70's. It is comprehensive. That was a tandem axle tractor unlike the 300,s of today.
    Ordered a manual for some Volvo White GMC's we bought a group of used. That was from the dealer. The manuals are a group of individual books. Slack adjusters, 5th wheel, suspension, fan hub, wiring with the S60, etc for that exact group of trucks.
    You will have to check with Paccar but I am sure they are expensive. Many things can be acquired on line anymore for free. Make some friends here.
    Just sharing my experience. Good luck with your choices.

black_dog106, spsauerland and CropShop Thank this.
  4. CropShop

CropShop Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2020
    I am happy to make friends on here, but it it come to a point of needing to invest some money in good repair info. Hopefully then I can help others if they are in a pinch. I scored a good schematic for a 2013 Kenworth Body Control Module off of here and it has helped me. I was wondering if Paccar still published paper repair manuals. The offshore crowd you are thinking of may be EP Catalogs. They have the electronic versions of some manuals. This is supposedly a paper manual that is offered on EBay. I don’t know if that makes it any more legitimate or not.

BoxCarKidd Thanks this.
  5. spsauerland

spsauerland Road Train Member

May 31, 2010
    West Harrison, In
    They are custom because they are built to your VIN. Not sure if they are still offered, were able to get them still couple years ago. Don't believe newer ones had wiring diagrams.

CropShop Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.