Kenworth of Alabama (Huntsville)

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by rollin coal, Dec 5, 2011.

1. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Yeah Truckpro and Fleetpride are great people nice, can be negotiated down to get my business. KW is competitive on some things but the superiority attitudes make me willing to pay a little more elsewhere. I posted a rant above about a one time experience with Chattanooga MHC service dept (definitely the last time they'll ever see my truck) but didn't want to derail the thread. Anyways, they shouldn't be so smug. One of the guys at Truckpro was telling me a few months ago that they would soon have all the same exhaust elbows with the weird angles that the oem's sell. I'm sure you're familiar with those Handarko, the ones with $300+ price tags. Some competition is sorely needed.

Hanadarko Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010
    I like doing business with Truckpro and Fleetpride. We have one of each in town and they have always done a good job for us. They can often beat the price at KW or International, but not always. It is usually easier to do a return at Truckpro or Fleetpride.

4. josh.c

josh.c Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Knoxville, Tn
    G/MAN, do you notice Lee Smith being particularly well-stocked for an International dealer? I've driven down there a couple of times for stuff that I needed that Landmark in Knoxville didn't have, and they always seemed like they were on top of their game, but that's also coming from my frustration with Landmark's pathetic inventory and customer service.

5. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010
    Lee Smith actually does business with other parts stores. Even Truckpro buys some parts from them. I only found that out a few years ago. Lee Smith is one of the oldest International dealers in the country. I won't do business with their service department but they are usually very competitive on parts. Some things they are much higher. They just quoted me $2,600 on a new radiator. Either the guy made a mistake or something is wrong. I can buy one out of Atlanta for about $750. It is rare that they don't have something that I need. If they don't have the parts they can usually get them in within a few days. I am sometimes surprised by what they keep in stock. There have been times when they have beat Truckpro and Fleetpride on parts prices. I bought batteries from them once for quite a bit less than I could get anywhere else.

josh.c Thanks this.
  6. oneshot

oneshot Medium Load Member

Feb 28, 2009
    mississippi
    I've never used them but they are located about 2 miles from 65 on 565 on the northside service rd.Easy in and out if u wanted to chk them out.

7. jbatmick

jbatmick Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    hastings, Fl
    Had front rear problems in Birmingham.:biggrin_2553: Had truck towed [​IMG]to KW, they tried to tell me whole front rear was needed. I knew better:biggrin_25513:. I had them tear into nose cone, then I walked to another parts house down the road, bought parts I:Gear: thought I needed,took taxi :Taxi:back, had them re-assemble the nose cone, they were not happy:biggrin_25516:, but did it anyway. Told me no warranty. Cost me only 850 bucks, instead the 3 grand they wanted for new front rear. Truck ran fine. I try to not use dealers for repairs.

8. Hanadarko

Hanadarko Independent Owner/Operator

Oct 1, 2009
    Midwest
    Lately I have had awesome luck with CIT out of IL. Of course for now, i am only using them for parts. However all locations are NOT THE SAME! - It depends on whom you get on the phone and your negociation skills I think.

I'm setup with a decent guy who wants my business and even with shipping, he is still more competitve than my local KW Stealership. I will do just about anything to go out of my way to NOT buy from the local KW.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.