kenworth t660 no idle shuttoff!

Discussion in 'Werner' started by adamrocks133, Dec 5, 2012.

1. adamrocks133

adamrocks133 Light Load Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Mine idles under 25.. atleast I think so.. so the ignition timer turns the truck on when u tell it to?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. H-D Road Glide

H-D Road Glide Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Central Florida
    The you can set the ignition timer to keep the truck running up to 30 minutes after shutting the truck off. If its not above/below the outside temp thresholds, then it will still automatically shut off after 5 min.

4. adamrocks133

adamrocks133 Light Load Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Ahh ok.. how long does it take to get a good charge on the battery

5. H-D Road Glide

H-D Road Glide Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Central Florida
    I run my truck for about 5-10 minutes every 3-5 hours when I run my bunk heater. Seems to be okay. It's enough to keep the engine warm as well since I don't have a place to plug the block heater into most of the time.

6. Koolguy

Koolguy Light Load Member

Jun 9, 2012
    Trenton,NJ
    there is a trick but idk if it will work on 18 wheelers. u can unplug the air temp sensor and stick a resistor (idk what ohm) but if u can get the right one so it reads 30 degrees, it will keep running... ill mess with it this weekend to figure it out

7. kf4omc

kf4omc Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Clearwater, FL
    I take one of those gel heating pouches tnat heat themselves and attach it over the temp sensor under the driver side mirror. Works great. Also if it is just under the upper temp turning on the mirror heaters adds a few degrees.

8. DrtyDiesel

DrtyDiesel Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    On my t660 I don't have to wait for the shutdown timer to come on, I just turn on cruise and hit set. Goes up to 800rpm and will idle as long as I desire. Though our trucks may be programmed differently, and I have an APU so I don't idle much

9. BamBam68

BamBam68 Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2015
    like speedemon1084 said if you just pull your trailer brake or push ur brake pedal down it should work i have a 2012 t660 and i just pull the trailer valve and push in my truck brake and it idles as long as i want the only down is u will burn through brake lights faster but its a small price to pay for comfort

10. lights on Murphy

lights on Murphy Bobtail Member

Jun 20, 2015
    ok there's two tricks that work 100% you can either bump the idle up and it won't shut off or as soon as your wrench light starts flashing on your dash press the clutch in and hold it for 2 seconds and when you let it back out It will idle all night just don't tell too many people about this It pisses companies off lol

11. lights on Murphy

lights on Murphy Bobtail Member

Jun 20, 2015
    and by the way I've tried all of the brake tricks and none of them work on mine

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.