Kevin Rutherfrauds $200000 Signature glider truck has complete engine failure!!!

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Bobby Barkert, Mar 7, 2015.

1. dirthaller

dirthaller Heavy Load Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Coloratah
    What about liner protrusion problem? Did Bruce install liners incorrectly or were the counterbores messed up?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dannythetrucker

dannythetrucker Road Train Member

May 26, 2011
    everywhere, man
    I think the conclusion they reached was overheating caused the liners to shift. The Detroit engineer suggested it and Bruce enthusiastically agreed.

4. Davidlee

Davidlee Medium Load Member

Aug 31, 2012
    I believe the liners were properly installed, but were affected be the overheating condition.

5. KW Cajun

KW Cajun Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Copperhead Road
    IMO, based on the measurements they listed, and assuming those were the "as built" measurements (prior to installation of the head), they are substantially out of tolerance and not correct. If I had measured those readings, I would not have continued with the build until corrected. Maybe someone gave wrong readings, and we're mistaken?

But if those reading were actual, I'm surprised the head gasket lasted that long. Or did it?

dirthaller Thanks this.
  6. KW Cajun

Apr 12, 2013
    Copperhead Road
    If that's the case, I wonder what the "as installed" measurements were for liner protrusion? Surely they would have those documented.

7. Davidlee

Davidlee Medium Load Member

Aug 31, 2012
    I thought MicroBlue was suppose to reduce friction and lower operating temps?

8. d281833

d281833 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2012
    Yeah like Matt and all the other FOKR's, the guy's that call in like clock work. Not a peep.

9. KW Cajun

Apr 12, 2013
    Copperhead Road
    Danny, I'm not buying that one bit. Is this the same DD 'engineer' that said running the engine anything over 180* will destroy it forever? smh
    Naturally, Bruce would be more than enthusiastic at that 'theory/excuse'.

I'm sure liners can shift & distort after significant overheating, BUT I think it's virtually impossible for any liner to end up 0.001 below deck height.
    No matter how distorted, it is held above deck height by the counterbore.
    It's like trying to push a 1/4" tall peg into a 1/8" deep recess... it will only go so far, distorted or not.

dannythetrucker and dirthaller Thank this.
  10. dannythetrucker

dannythetrucker Road Train Member

May 26, 2011
    everywhere, man
    I should have said "working theory" rather than conclusion. I wonder if the engineer meant 280 ? He seemed a little stunned the whole time. I think he was thinking, "we sent you a perfect reman engine, built to factory specs, ready to give you a million miles of dependable service. You knuckleheads tore it apart, put it back together, bricked it, and now you want me to help you figure out what happened ? You broke it, that's it, you were supposed to just put it in the truck."

Nostalgic, Bean Jr., trees and 16 others Thank this.
  11. Lucar

Lucar Road Train Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Texas
    ^^^ applause to this man. Really, totally spot on.

raiderone, BeN DaViS, Flyer and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.