Kevin Rutherfrauds $200000 Signature glider truck has complete engine failure!!!

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Bobby Barkert, Mar 7, 2015.

1. mudflap77

mudflap77 Heavy Load Member

Oct 11, 2010
    South western Ontario
    Oil bypass filters do work. As for particular brands I'm sure some work better then others. As for his particular brand he pushes, do your own research and find a brand that works best for your application.
    I didn't think he pushed airtabs. But anyway airtabs do have benefits. Less spray cleaner mirrors and better handling in windy conditions. Do they save fuel? Probably, based on the other aerodynamic improvements noted above. Is it measurable? No least not in my experience with a aerodynamic style truck. On a conventional maybe you could measure some improvement but there is a hundred other variables that could account for or negate any improvement in fuel mileage.
    Anyway regardless of who is peddling the next silver bullet do your own research on it.

flood, popcorn169, brian991219 and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GYPSY65

GYPSY65 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2012
    SW FLA
    I second the air tabs

Not sure I’m saving enough for a vacation but I also see a much cleaner trailer and less movement when passing a truck or in high winds and I pull a conestoga

Vampire, flood, Bean Jr. and 2 others Thank this.
  4. Dale thompson

Dale thompson Road Train Member

Nov 20, 2013
    commerce twp,mi
    I don’t think airtabs can save fuel it takes energy to change airflow. Too many variables in the real world to ensure a return on the extra energy expended.

5. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    I've enjoyed his show and logic over the years, some I agree with, some eh, but to each their own. He seems like a decent guy, and whether one considers him just a pitchman or a snake oil salesman that is their own opinion. I've bought some of the products he's pushed and there was no harm no foul. He found a way to make a living without having to drive the truck, can't knock him for that.

6. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    I used to be equally as dumb as some of the people who called into his show, but overall I thought his message was a positive one and I never gave him a dime and eventually wised up on my own. That being said, Ramsey didn't get rich following his own advice. He got rich basically selling books and financial plans to dumb people.

7. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Advance Auto sells scan gauges and sometimes even puts them on sale. I got one a while back. I think it's pretty much the same thing Rutherford sells but for a lot cheaper.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/scangauge-d-digital-trip-monitor-sgd/10382992-P

8. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    And now he'll get rich selling supplements.
    Just like Alex Jones..
    Ramsey is no different

blairandgretchen, GYPSY65 and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  9. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Many don’t have the discipline to make big changes in their life, and that’s where KR and Ramsey are successful. People will be more likely to stick with something if they’re part of a group. If you’re going through Ramsey’s course it will make you think twice about a frivolous purchase knowing you will be held accountable by others in the class.

As far as health stuff, I cut out sugar and carbs and try and stay away from processed foods as much as I can. I sure feel a lot better now than I did about 16 months ago before I changed my diet. And while I haven’t bought anything from KR I have been supplementing vitamin D ever since I read that if you’re not vitamin D deficient you have an easier time fighting Covid.

Don’t be up to your eyeballs in debt and try to eat healthier seem like a couple decent messages, and you can do both without giving either of them a dime. But you can’t fault them for finding a way to capitalize on their messages.

10. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    I used what Ramsey taught 20 years ago to get my finances in order. It's served me well over the years. Thing is I never bought not a single good or service that he hawked. I simply listened to his free advice on the radio show and applied it to my own life. Back in those days he was just a local Nashville fm radio personality with a few am stations carrying the show. He's got a huge multi million mansion on a lake not far from where I live. I don't get all the hate for the guy. Nobody holds a gun to your head to make you buy anything. His financial and even spiritual advice is spot on.

Vampire, autopaint, mc8541ss and 6 others Thank this.
  11. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Some of these things he has said they were bad then surprise when he become a affiliate, they were great.

Bean Jr. and jason6541 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.