Kevin Rutherfrauds $200000 Signature glider truck has complete engine failure!!!

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Bobby Barkert, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Lone Ranger 13

Lone Ranger 13 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Asheville, NC
    I drove a truck with 2.92 gears . A real pain to backup. It would buck and bounce and did not wanna move. Especially bad when you had the trailer jacked at an angle AND the front wheels turned. There were times I thought I had gotten against the dock when backing in. Then I got out and looked and saw I had a few feet to go. Geared too tall, in reverse, anyway. I HATED that truck. Eventually I stripped the splines off the drive shaft. The clutch would grab and not wanna slip. I knew it was only a matter of time until something broke.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lucar

Lucar Road Train Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Texas
    This awesomeness (to begin) turned out like that magazine model blonde that over went 12 plastic surgeries and at the end turned out uglier than before she started.
    Ever heard the "too much salsa on the tacos"?
    that engine should had been indestructible by all bulletproof-ing of the "micro-blue-ing" the motor selected, seals, gaskets and the rest of alphabet manufactured parts that went onto that Frankenstein build.

If I was the owner of that truck I wouldn't trust either of those companies/individuals wanting to experiment with my money for their business development when they should had have "PROVEN" what they claimed they could do.

d281833, tommymonza, Long FLD and 3 others Thank this.
  4. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Has it been disclosed if the owners had to pay full price for everything? Or if anything was compensated for the sake of publicity and parking it at truckshows? From what I recall they were company drivers for a year and this is their first truck. They bought everything he was pushing and I remember KR saying on his show that they proved to him that they were ready to take this step.

5. KW Cajun

KW Cajun Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Copperhead Road
    The owners only had 1 year company driving prior to this exorbitant O/O purchase? Is that right?
    Anyone know what the extent of their mechanical knowledge was? They don't 'appear' to be mechanically savvy at all, from what little I've seen.
    One who even thinks twice about buying a truck with this level of 'experimental' modifications, first should be extremely mechanically skilled, imo.

So at 24k miles PP suddenly recommended to change from the original Evans waterless coolant to the Red Extended Life coolant.
    Did they specify the exact reason for this sudden change?
    More pointedly,, did PP observe a noticeable presence of rust/corrosion in the coolant or internal surfaces at that point in time?

The fact that the #1 cylinder (not to mention the others) had a measured liner protrusion of being flush with the deck on one side and .001" below deck surface on the other, imo, is a significant discovery. I'd like to hear PP explain that one.

rollin coal and RedForeman Thank this.
  6. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Good point Cajun. Not only have a little mechanical aptitude but also anyone doing modifications to a motor really should do a minor mod here and there to see how things work. Instead of full speed ahead extensive mods. It's the only way to gauge what works and doesn't. I remember when I bought my truck I made a rookie mistake and ended up with a bridge motor because I didn't do enough homework. I drove it for a long time with all of it's original quirks until I learned enough info on the Internet to make small changes here and there a step at a time until it was just right and as good as any of the other "more desirable" engines. If ever there was an example of how expensive owner operator lessons can be this $200k glider experiment stands really tall.

RedForeman Thanks this.
  7. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    For what it was worth from the information you gave here the truck was not too troublesome other than a bad wire that had been misdiagnosed.The rest was experimenting trying to get good gas mileage.

8. MJ1657

MJ1657 Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Isanti, MN

There should not have been any experimenting.

According to Mr Snakeoil all of the products used have been tested and proven.

Big_D409, Jumbo, double yellow and 5 others Thank this.
  9. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    I agree.

I am sure they kept leading them in with == Hey why don't you let us try this I think you will like the results.

MJ1657 Thanks this.
  10. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    Here you go!

[​IMG]

not4hire and Big_D409 Thank this.
  11. sliver

sliver Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2015
    idaho
    I cant believe krs kool aid drinking followers arent here defend him! Also whatever came of his signature trailer he made a huge deal out of that but I dont hear anything about it anymore. However I dont listen to the show very often. Sigmature truck was huge deal until it was built and on the road and not getting the mpgs he claimed it would. Just goes to show kr is nothing more then a dancing monkey for any company that will cut him a check to advertise and push product. Its really to bad pp got themselves tied up with kr. But who doesnt like a dancing monkey? Lmao

Davidlee Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.