Kevin Rutherfrauds $200000 Signature glider truck has complete engine failure!!!

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Bobby Barkert, Mar 7, 2015.

1. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    And there you go...
    From page 5 of the truck spec sheet: http://files.letstruck.com/download/signature_truck_specs.pdf

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lostkeys

Lostkeys Heavy Load Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Archbold,OH
    Probably for the lift axle. I remember a while back that KR said the OEMs would not build him a truck with a single axle drive and lift axle without the a double frame.

dannythetrucker Thanks this.
  4. dannythetrucker

dannythetrucker Road Train Member

May 26, 2011
    everywhere, man
    His proposition has been to let a "hater" cohost the show, and take turns answering caller questions. What he doesn't seem to understand is that none of us want to sit there and pretend we have the answer to everything and try to diagnose truck problems over the phone. That's what we don't like about him, why would we want to pretend to be that ?

He mentioned he is cutting back on social media. I can't fault a guy for wanting to unplug for a minute, I do it myself from time to time. It is convenient that he would choose to do so right at this moment though. :biggrin_25525:

MJ1657, KW Cajun and joseph1135 Thank this.
  5. sshewins

sshewins Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    This is funny an all, but do ya think we'll ever honestly find out what caused the catastrophic failure? Just sayin, I'd like to know exactly what not to repeat.

6. Lucar

Lucar Road Train Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Texas
    Paying more attention to pictures of that majestic $200k KR "Signature" build, I even noticed the downpipe "heat wrapped" after the turbo on down.. that was (I think and pls correct me if wrong) $250 worth of piping wrap, to make sure the EGTs kept down and out of the engine/turbo.. I don't think I can go on reading more about all the details and work done at some oNE else's expense, and then hiding under the #### desk behind his Mic, and the other in his PA "supershop"

If I was either Bruce free willy or KR 2.0 I would get with the other and replace the engine (OEM, NO CRAP MORE) at no cost. Have the owner sign paperwork on warranty on it and send a public apology to them and all.

Some one should come up here and give us a REAL update for more than kicks, I sure as he ll know I almost turned to PP for help with my CAT acert, glad some one talked me out of it.

d281833 Thanks this.
  7. Riprap

Riprap Light Load Member

May 31, 2014
    Saginaw, MI
    ^ I agree, the only way Bruce can go on as a business man is if he pays for a new motor. He might best have the truck towed from Iowa to his shop to do it, its bad enough that his motor is junk, let alone having to have another shop fix his mistake. Bruce needs to take charge of this, if he wouldve done something last week he wouldnt have to sit thru Sundays show in embarrassment not to mention all the explaining hes got to do.

d281833 Thanks this.
  8. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    yEP

When they were having problems with the motor and if at any time the owners said they were tired of the problems PP should have said hey we will pay and install a new OEM motor like you originally had and we will take your motor and refund you the extras we charged you for the upgrades on it.

Than swept this under the table.

If PP and and KR don't get together and give them this, the bad publicity will kill PP.

9. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    The whole lift axle to save mpg only to have to add a frame insert that weighs a 1000 lbs to support it was the stupidest thing that could have been done to this truck.

Sounds like Kevin built his own Checkbook be ###### dream truck with some one else s money

10. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    Lifting a low-rolling resistance tire/axle to put weight on a high rolling resistance tire/axle is the stupidest thing. Even KW was like "you don't want to do this." Convincing someone else to special order a heavier & much more expensive truck to prove him (wrong) is just icing on the cake.

11. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Yes. It was doomed from the start. A glider with a lot of modifications to it that were probably never tested. The blueprint for this was insane at the start. This is proof positive that Kevin Rutherford ( I did that so he'd "see it) either has no idea what the hell he's talking about or wanted to see how much he could actually get away with. I don't think he ever expected anyone to actually go through with thid, they did, and it bit him on the ###. What an idiot.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.