Kevin Rutherfrauds $200000 Signature glider truck has complete engine failure!!!

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Bobby Barkert, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Because of fsc, and his trucks get better mileage than what is used to calculate fsc, he likes it when diesel goes up,because he thinks he gets more on the fsc. Most of us get shorted miles, need to run out of route, and deadbeats, non of which have fsc. Yet I have a friend who still listens to him. He's the one who told me KR's next plan is to build n14. I told him KR doesn't like n14. He told me "he does now".

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MJ1657

MJ1657 Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Isanti, MN
    He claimed the turbo3000 got you a 10% milage increase. That is dishonest. Telling a lie is dishonest no matter what your intentions are.

HoundDog7, rank, KenworthGuyNH and 5 others Thank this.
  4. dannythetrucker

dannythetrucker Road Train Member

May 26, 2011
    everywhere, man
    Look at all the great cons in history, you will find these commonalities. The con artist offers the sucker a perfect solution to their problem, mixes in some conventional wisdom to add authenticity, offers anecdotal evidence as proof and never empirical data.

The odd thing is that it is the ones which offer the most outlandish claims sometimes work the best. Turbo 3000d is an example of that. 10% fuel savings for a $200 part installed in minutes. If it said 1% nobody would buy it. If it was something you had to take your fuel pump apart to install it, nobody would buy it. Even if it was named fuelsaver 3 or something, less people would buy it. But with a ridiculous name like "turbo 3000d" they're still selling the things and it's been proven to do nothing time and time again.

So when someone offers you something that solves a common problem, they have no empirical data but lot's of anecdotes, their pitch involves lots of common sense conventional wisdom to get you in agreement, the price point vs. outlandish claims make you think it's worth a shot, I'm not out TOO much if it doesn't, and it is very easy for you and requires little effort or diligence.

If all those things are true, you should have alarm bells, red lights, and warning buzzers in your head. Think about it, ##### enlargement, diet pills, hair regrowth, X-ray glasses, pyramid schemes of all sorts, etc... All these scams follow the same design.

Long FLD, joseph1135, Davidlee and 7 others Thank this.
  5. d281833

d281833 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2012
    Hey! You mean the X ray glasses ads in the back of my Superman comic books aren't true? Say it isn't so...

6. Bean Jr.

Mar 30, 2014
    I guess I put it incorrectly. Just his obsession with mpg at the expense of revenue would have Been enough for me to disagree with him, I didn't need his being a shil for t3000d to think that he snowed these people. I guess What I am trying to say is I thought he believes the modifications on this truck would lead to high mileage. T3000d makes me see that as not being true.

MJ1657 Thanks this.
  7. mtoo

mtoo Road Train Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Retired on bended knee
    Yes a bold face lie. He had the turbo3000 on his fed ex trucks, He knew it was a lie. He brags about how well he kept track of the fuel mileage, if that was so then he knew the turbo3000 did not work.

Any one that understands things mechanical could look at it and say What The .............

8. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    Go find the Ecotaz thread. That thing was basically the Turdblo v.2, and the owner of the company was in there pushing his product. It was amusing some of the contortions he went thru trying to defend his collection of pipe fittings.

But it was the same thing: Throw out some technical jargon in your sales spiel, and guys would buy the dang things like they were golden, and swear they worked. SMH

dannythetrucker Thanks this.
  9. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    placebo turbo would not sell

10. Bean Jr.

Mar 30, 2014
    The Eco Taz thread confused me. It seems that he gave the device to about 14 o/os who posted in the thread, including some who have posted in this thread. Each seemed to have gained almost 1 mpg, and they all claimed they were conscientious drivers before. Most claimed they had never gotten as good mileage as they did using the Eco Taz. Then Kevin's sycophant, Dice gets one, and then he doesn't see an improvement, and dominates the thread from there, until the admin closed it.

My question is, were the drivers who used it plugging for Eco Taz, and Dice called them out?

11. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Absolutely not. I was one of those drivers using eco-taz. He gave that to me for free but never paid me anything above and beyond. I guess it was just in my head sure seemed like it got better mileage. It got tossed in the sidebox when the motor was inframed a couple of years ago.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.