Kevin Rutherfrauds $200000 Signature glider truck has complete engine failure!!!

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Bobby Barkert, Mar 7, 2015.

1. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Hi Kevin, thanks for taking my call. (sat delay). Are you there? Ok, I wanted to ask about wide singles.
    KR: throw your tires in the ditch and get wide singles now. They'll pay for themselves in 6 months. Do you have a scangauge?
    Ok thanks thats what I wanted to know. Can you connect me to Lisa, I'd like to get a scangauge.
    KR: sure. Let's go to... Virginia -- Charles welcome to the program. Actually its about time for a break, but we'll get to Charles when we come back.
    ... Join schneider's tanker fleet
    Mercer transportation doesnt rape you as much as everyone else
    Have a ratty ol truck? We understand at Oakley trucking
    KR: welcome back. Charles are you still with us?
    KR: uh oh, looks like we may have lost--
    -- Yeah Kevin I'm here. Thanks for taking my call how are you?
    KR: I'm great, whats on your mind?
    Well here's the deal, I drive an old piece of #### and it has broken down and I want to know whether I should fix it or get a new truck.
    KR: Is it preEGR?
    Yeah
    KR: Fix it. Next caller... lets go to.... Nebraska - Jack welcome to the program.
    Hi kevin thanks for taking my call. I just want to suck the peanuts from your turds for all you and Leesa do to help us get swindled by carriers.
    KR: thank you, but it isn't just me -- you are the one doing...the...hard...work...
    Here's my question. I'm getting 6mpg and I want to know what I can do to bump that up.
    KR: Buy a scangauge. THat'll get you a half mpg right there. Then a pittsburg power @R muffler. Then a Fleet @R air filter. And a FASS @R fuel system. That will get you to 7.25. Then slow down and run in 12th.
    Oh Ok thanks Kevin. What about the Turbo 3000?
    KR: It hasn't worked since they stopped paying me
    Gotcha. Thanks Kevin.
    KR. Sure. Lets go to... California Charlene welcome to the program.
    Hi Kevin, how are you?
    KR doing great, what can I do for you?
    Well I have an old truck and wonder if I should retrofit or buy a newer truck.
    KR: Hold that thought we have to get to a break....
    same commercials...
    KR: Ok welcome back. Charlene was asking about California and my answer is always the same. Fair tax. Er I mean don't run California.
    But I live here.
    KR: Move. Next caller... Lets go to... Ore-a-gone.. John welcome to the program.
    Hi Kevin, thanks for taking my call. Thanks for everything you do to help us little guys. Here are my numbers what do you think?
    KR: Lets see... Top line $1.10/mile -- that's all miles, right?
    Yeah
    KR: OK good. Fuel is 55cpm? You gotta get that down. Make a plan to get that down to 35cpm. You need to do...the...hard...work... Do you have a scangauge?
    No.
    KR: Get that first thing.
    But what about my revenue? Do I need to work on that?
    KR: Its not great, but we can work with it. I have guys making $35,000/year running $1.05/mile. Whelp it looks like we are all out of time folks. Stay tuned for Jonesy as he mediates akward conversations from antisocial truckers

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Anyone know where to get more info on "them" bragging up that engine...

i looked at that facebook page, and the specs are just the build sheet for the glider... Nothing about exactly what the motor is and what was done to it...?

4. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    I never listen to the guy, nor do i listen to any trucking talk show...…and if i hadn't purchased a scanguage(because my truck doesn't have a MPG feature) i would've never heard of him……was he the one that talked about driving without the cruise control to obtain better fuel mileage?

In short term i tried it, and i have to say i think it works! If you understand the relationship between boost and MPG…...

5. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

using low rolling resistance tires, a bypass oil filtration system, using oil analysis to monitor engine health:biggrin_2559: KR is just repeating COMMON SENSE and everyone listening to his show :biggrin_25514: to him for doing it while 95% do not realize why their MPG drops with new tires because KR had not given them the reason

6. Lucar

Lucar Road Train Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Texas
    Well dear sir, that's common sense as well, because they've never been used snice they've come out of the oven and the rubber hasn't settled. Apply logic to that, and then some slow driving (common sense) put an egg under the throttle and take ... time... to... speed... up from a complete stop, no need to rock your sleeper left and right trying to get to XX mph.

7. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    But the rocking helps to put your co driver back to sleep

anthonyar4, ColumbiaBoB and evilmonkey Thank this.
  8. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

Lucar I know the reason for poor MPG with new tires and have known it for close to 50 years , I was pointing out that 95% fail to know it unless KR broadcast the info to them , and I know how to make $ trucking otherwise I would not have what I have and none of it is a result of KR

Lucar and d281833 Thank this.
  9. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    [FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Evans lifetime waterless coolant, allowing slightly higher engine operating temperature to improve engine efficiency[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]There goes that theory[/FONT]

10. ipogsd

ipogsd Heavy Load Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Maybe you guys should read the whole story before you dish someone or a product.

For a currently unknown reason they dropped the Evans coolant at 24,000 miles.

11. MJ1657

MJ1657 Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Isanti, MN
    I think you should read the whole story. They dropped the Evans coolant because Pittsburgh Power told them to.

d281833 and SMTatham Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.