KKW Regional any good?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by NuckChorris, Jan 12, 2022.

1. NuckChorris

NuckChorris Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2017
    Central California
    I've been out of the OTR game for a couple of years now. Been doing local work getting paid hourly but my hours have dwindled down to barely 8 hours a day and it doesn't look like it'll be picking up any time soon. Is KKW any good? My application was approved but I've been burned by companies before and wanted to see if anyone had any opinions of them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Originally called KKW fruniture freight, out of Pomona, Ca. They have expanded and now run I believe, more southern/eastern states and different freight base. I believe they were doing new furniture and office furniture. But that was years ago.

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  4. NuckChorris

NuckChorris Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2017
    Central California
    Recruiter I spoke to said they were running the western 11, out about 5-7 days and home for 2. Looks like they're more of a beginner company but I haven't driven much class A in the past few years and looking for a decent company to build some experience with.

5. ArcticWolves

ArcticWolves Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2014
    USA
    Their trailers are 14' not the standard 13'6" so just be aware. Also, you sign a paper that says you agree to 70% night driving as well as unloading the furniture.

6. rpad139

rpad139 Heavy Load Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ca
    All their loads are California freight. I hate the traffic.

They are located in Pomona, ca. No thanks

7. WillCrockett

WillCrockett Bobtail Member

Jun 8, 2022
    Central Coast of CA
    Overall, good place to work. I think they were a little fishy on the "no touch" freight when they know there is light touch but other than that it was good hardware, decent pay, plenty of load options. My dispatcher, Ryan G. could have been a little less grumpy but he did a good job. The HR dept has LOTS of room for improvement but the upper management are solid folks. Entry to mid-career drivers will like this job.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. rpad139

rpad139 Heavy Load Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ca
    California is a good place to live. I really have not heard too much about California.

9. New CDL-A

New CDL-A Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2023
    How is KKW if you are driving for them?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.