KLLM Driving Academy (Lancaster, TX)

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by Teion, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Mitchellpilot909

Mitchellpilot909 Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2016
    Passed my physical, although my blood pressure was 142/92. So they will give me a 1 year med card. I think it was because I was a little nervous, hungry and cold .

roadrunningx18 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Teion

Teion Medium Load Member

May 13, 2013
    SE Texas
    Yeah a lot of people were nervous. I was too. You now one step closer.

Mitchellpilot909 Thanks this.
  4. Mitchellpilot909

Aug 13, 2016
    I saw a pretty small dude at dinner , was that you haha! Did you have a hoodie on?

5. Teion

Teion Medium Load Member

May 13, 2013
    SE Texas
    Probably was me. A black jacket and a camouflage backpack.

6. Teion

Teion Medium Load Member

May 13, 2013
    SE Texas
    Day 7 Aug 15.
    Today we practice off set backing all day. The instructor graded us today. I got an a and was picked for the top 4 in my class. We lost two more people in class today. So now we are down to 6. Tomorrow we will be going over shifting and actually driving on the road.

7. Mitchellpilot909

Aug 13, 2016
    Why did y'all loose 2 people?

8. Teion

Teion Medium Load Member

May 13, 2013
    SE Texas
    One wasn't really studying for his test so he left, the other had a family emergency.

9. Teion

Teion Medium Load Member

May 13, 2013
    SE Texas
    Day 8 Aug 16.
    Today we got to go out on the road to get our up shifting and down shifting right. The first 10 minutes was a challenge for me. Just had to find the rhythm and sync them together. Up shifting came more quick then down shifting. Down shifting from 6 to 5 was were my problem was. But after practicing and taking my time I could do it smoothly. We Also got to learn how to double down. I was graded on basic shifting and got a score of 3.8 which is a B.

10. Mitchellpilot909

Aug 13, 2016
    Good job! I took my first 2 tests yesterday and passed. There was this "know it all" that failed today. And he quit and went home.

Teion Thanks this.
  11. Teion

Teion Medium Load Member

May 13, 2013
    SE Texas
    Congrats. Yeah the "know it all" are usually the first to fail. Just ignore them.

Day 9 Aug 17.
    Today got to work on turning and highway driving. I was really nervous at first. Mostly to due with all the raining. While on the highway people kept on cutting me off. I didn't panic just backed off a bit. Did some in city driving and man some of those turns are tight. Just took my time and didn't hit anything. My up shifting and down shifting is a lot better today. Also did a static air brakes test. Still have to get a few parts I forget on the pre trip. But all in all I'm getting the hang of it.

My final test with the academy is fast approaching. In this short amount of time I have learned a lot. And improving day by day. You can't fail if you just listen here.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    Mitchellpilot909 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.