KLLM Driving Academy (Lancaster, TX)

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by Teion, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Velli

Velli Light Load Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Its a 10 minute placement test you can't fail it even if you miss all the questions. No need to wait 3 weeks when you can just take a 10 minute test when you get there..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Drpparker95

Drpparker95 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    Is that test free and if so is it done at the kllm training facility

4. username6988

username6988 Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2017
    Chicago
    I'm really glad all I did up here in Chicago was study for the permit test and I was in a truck at the training facility. Sounds like it's way more work down in Jackson than it is up here

Velli Thanks this.
  5. Velli

Velli Light Load Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Yes. We have/had a class of 31 and literally only 8 had ever taken an act test so they were the only ones who had their scores. Yes, you take it at the facility. The actual kllm school building is small so theres only like two classrooms, a break room, lunch room, and computer room. Everyone who doesn't have an act score will go to the computer room for a short test that doesn't have any affect on your training. It will be reading, english, and algebra. Also yes its free you don't pay for any test.

6. Velli

Velli Light Load Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Its really not, Parker seems hesitant to pull the trigger.

7. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    Obviously it is. The guys ive talked to that trained in Lancaster or chicago didn't go through nearly all the steps. Even my recruiter who is out in texas said it was kind of bull crap the steps in Jackson

8. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    In that case velli im going to get ahold of my recruiter and tell him that the training date is fine for early or mid March. I was thinking march 6th but he was telling me depending upon the paperwork required and the length of time it takes to rerun my driving record and background check it may be just a little after. Those are only good for 30 days

Velli Thanks this.
  9. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    Thank you velli for answering my questions. My recruiter didn't know about the testing requirement. In texas they don't require act scores or an accuplacer test. He doesnt know anything about jacksons testing requirements that why he suggested getting the act scores sent

Velli Thanks this.
  10. Velli

Velli Light Load Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Your first week in class will be easy. I passed all of my tests to get my permit on the first try... I really don't understand how guys fail these tests. Tanker and Air brakes are the easiest. Download the dmv genie app to your phone. It literally has all the questions that will be asked in the permit tests. Use it WITH your cdl manual. Your teacher will "teach" one day out of the entire week and the rest of the week it's on you. We had people in our class crying literally why didn't you go over such and such with us. In my head im thinking isn't that what you're supposed to be doing at the motel? Stay to yourself and don't try to form friendships/relationships. Im quiet and to myself so I usually just observe. What I noticed is that the most social guys/girls who came to our class clowing, flirting, and going out their ways to form friendships were the ones who struggled the most with the tests. They either flunked out or had to take the tests several times before they passed. Do not get distracted.

11. Velli

Velli Light Load Member

Jul 13, 2015
    No problem, are most of the recruiters stationed in Texas? Our class had alot of people with recruiters from Texas as well

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.