KLLM Driving Academy (Lancaster, TX)

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by Teion, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Teion

Teion Medium Load Member

May 13, 2013
    SE Texas
    They blow my mind when I seen what I was getting for layover. I wasn't expecting it to be that high. Was taken care of for those days of sitting. I'm now picking up a load in ohio going to Texas. After I drop going home for some much needed hometime. While I'm at home going to take the truck to volvo. My air dryer needs to be changed as its in a recall. While they do that might as well see if I can get an alignment and get my bumper fixed. Rub up on a snow bank the other day. It pushed my bumper in some.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Teion

Teion Medium Load Member

May 13, 2013
    SE Texas
    Yesterday was a lil hassle. Had to go back to the shipper to get the load reworked. The guy at the window wants to be a smart a. Talking about we never had this problem before. So whatstop the problem now. 1. I'm in a volvo 780 so it's heavier. 2. Not all 42k loads are the same. 3. I need a 1000 or more off. No if ands or buts about it. I'm overweight. They end of taking two pallets off. They weighed are out 1600 each. They didn't to much like that. Oh well I'm not getting a ticket that easily avoidable. I'm finally rolling home.

P.S
    All new trucks will have the forward facing camera. Got the news this morning.

4. Champ14

Champ14 Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2017
    Are you making more money in lease than company?

5. Teion

Teion Medium Load Member

May 13, 2013
    SE Texas
    so far ive made between 1200-1500 my first three weeks. Im at home now.

6. love9boy

love9boy Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2017
    Abilene, TX
    Hi guys!

I have really enjoyed reading this thread! Thanks so much for keeping it alive!

I want to go to the Lancaster Academy, but need to find out if they require I have a GED? Also, I have a DWI from 11 years ago. Will I be allowed to attend the school? Any and all information will be helpful! Thank you.

WeWantGreatness Thanks this.
  7. Teion

Teion Medium Load Member

May 13, 2013
    SE Texas
    I believe your ged will be fine. And also you shouldn't have a problem with a dwi from 11 years ago.

8. love9boy

love9boy Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2017
    Abilene, TX
    Hey thanks for responding! So just to clarify, I don't need to have a GED or high school diploma to attend the Academy?

9. Teion

Teion Medium Load Member

May 13, 2013
    SE Texas
    You need one or the other.

10. Teion

Teion Medium Load Member

May 13, 2013
    SE Texas
    Still out here. Past few weeks haven't been to great. Some of that was my fault. But things seem to be turning around this week. two 1k+ loads back to back. Leasing is not to bad if your're running.

11. Teion

Teion Medium Load Member

May 13, 2013
    SE Texas
    Anybody know how to fix a black out screen on the Qualcomm?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.