KLLM Driving Academy (Lancaster, TX)

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by Teion, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Prime is ok to get started & so is KLLM.
    If you're safe with a hair follicle drug test, www.cfidrive.com is also a good place to get started. They train in Missouri.
    Stevens Transport trains at two locations in North Carolina, but don't know how their lodging and meals work there. They do urine drug test.
    [​IMG]

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 2Tatted95

2Tatted95 Bobtail Member

May 13, 2018
    I can pass any drug test. I was actually planning on calling stevens if kllm doesn't pan out. I'll check out that other company as well. Thank you!
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

Chinatown Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Contract Freighters www.cfidrive.com
    Company-paid Tuition

With a 12-month commitment to drive for CFI, qualified students can now receive fully paid tuition to attend driving school in Missouri. We’ll even cover your room and board for the duration of the four-week course.
    [​IMG]

Lisa9 Thanks this.
  5. WeWantGreatness

WeWantGreatness Bobtail Member

Nov 6, 2018
    Carrollton, Tx
    This thread has been Amazing I spent the past hour or two reading through all of the post.

6. TexasTrucker83

TexasTrucker83 Light Load Member

Mar 31, 2012
    I hate to bump an old thread but was wondering if the two original posters were still with FFE/KLLM.

Was also wondering if while they were out for their six-weeks of training if they were actually “trained” or just used like a team driver? (I read multiple times where they went to bed and switched with the trainer?)

Rollr4872 Thanks this.
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I left FFE in middle of 2001 with the wife.

As a trainer at that time, it was carefully explained that any trainer who is assigned a student will be sitting in that right hand seat and that truck run like a solo. There would still be a 12 week book to test the new driver against on his or her future skills test. He or she will be issued a tractor and thrown into the deep end. IF for whatever reason the trainee fails such a test, then a small check up into the trainer's book and thoughts. Sometimes it's a bad trainer, personality or so forth.

Wife and were a full team inside of 2 weeks, I described her goal for the end of 10 hours and briefed her on problems known to exist on whatever the routes may be. One time we rolled out of Whorley's Fish People in Pittsburgh straight to Snowshoe on top of Milesburg grade. This being winter there was about 8 inches to a foot of snow by morning. When I came around were in Snowshoe. Swapping trailers.

I was paid salary and it was very good. On the other hand 12 weeks worth of 300 dollars give or take to my wife isnt very motivating to her. Everything went into the same bank But When we both discovered medicine and narcotic loads running 1 million plus in value we moved to that company who leases on to McKesson and roll on.

TexasTrucker83 Thanks this.
  8. Teion

Teion Medium Load Member

May 13, 2013
    SE Texas
    I left them in 2017. Kllm going to run the truck like a team. However i got lucky. My trainer been driving for them for 9yrs at time. And he was a company driver. So he didn't stress me out just so he could get the miles. He actually took the time to train me.

9. TexasTrucker83

Mar 31, 2012
    Thanks for the reply, I may look into other companies. I have an extremely hard time sleeping in a vehicle when it's moving. I once rode a Greyhound bus for 46 hours and didn't sleep a wink.

10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    www.wdtmilk.com has a couple of cdl schools in Texas.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Graduates of the Western Dairy Transport Driver Training Academy are among the best trained in the nation. Our innovative hands-on driver training program is one of many reasons our retention rate exceeds the industry average by more than 70%. All applicants undergo a rigorous screening process before arriving on location at one of three North American training academies for paid training sessions. WDT drivers are crucial members of our community, and we take great pride in setting high candidate entrance standards. Our academy staff are among the leading commercial driver license (CDL) trainers in the nation and are supported by the leading logistics industry safety experts. Students also receive training in customer relations and hear directly from the leadership team on WDT’s culture and guiding principles.

11. TexasTrucker83

Mar 31, 2012
    Decided to go ahead with KLLM and FFE, started classes this morning, thanks for the replies!

Chinatown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.