KLLM Jackson, Mississipi

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Gearlardi, May 31, 2007.

1. melsalcido92

melsalcido92 Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Im so sorry u had such a terrible experience with this company my husband was with knight Im not sure if u read my thread about it but my husband finally quit them and just finished orientation with KLLM just recently and had to be transported to Portage IN to pick up his truck and his orientation was also in Jackson Miss, we studyed many companies and we decided that KLLM was the one for us simply becouse we havnt heard any thing bad about them and all the other drivers he has talked to said they like them and many has said they have their corks but still nothing bad so that is why he went with them we r hopeing that he has no problems like he has in the past with knight and swift but dont think Im telling u that its not bad my husband just finished up orientation and is now in Portage and picked up and instantly had to get the truck fixed but thats not unusial for thats happened a lot but I appreciate u writing about this I will let my husband know about it but I got to go signed Melony

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. whispers65233

whispers65233 Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO
    Well, in orientation find out what their training policy is. At Roehl for the first 5 days the trainer sits in the jumper seat while the trainee is driving. After that if the trainer feels comfortable with the trainee's driving he will sleep and let him drive. If the trainee is uncomfortable with a driving situation he can safely pull over and wake up the trainer. Communication is important and if you happen to get a trainer that is only interested in churning miles (some are). Call your terminal report the problem and ask for a new trainer. Never ever quit under a load. Do that often enough and your cdl won't be worth the paper it's written on.

truckinmike1984 Thanks this.
  4. melsalcido92

melsalcido92 Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2007
    well I must agree with most response to ur bad experience u really should have reported the problems u had but when u train with some one u need to relize that if u want this bad enough then u wil make it work. I dont want to sound mean or what ever but really one fellow was right trucking isnt easy as he quoted "its not a bed of roses" but hey like I said if its not for u then dont do it my husband used to get car sick with someone else driveing but he didnt complain he took it and made it through and as for training my husband dosnt have to train with some one he just got his truck adn headed down the road now he has to get used to a freightliner now wich wont take very long since he drove a volvo for 7 months but no biggy, so far he likes it but he only just started to they r geting him home right a way to get the rest of his stuff I like that the other companies it took them at least 2 weeks to ever rout him home to pick up the rest of his stuff but he servived it is all good so far but thanks for the input about reol but we r goung to stick with this company for a while and like I said he dont have to train with any one he rode with another truck driver up to Portage to pick up his truck and now he is on his way to making money. well better go for now. :biggrin_25525:Melony

5. wallbanger

wallbanger "Enemy of showers everywhere"

Hey Mgassel, chill out.You need to get off Gearlardi's back, especially since you are not even a newbie. Yes truckin' ain't for everyone, but noobs shouldn't be expected to run team (even though that's how I started out). Just be safe out there (when you start) and be ready, 'cause sometimes you never know what's going to happen. And until it's you in that trainer's truck, try not to tell others what they should/shouldn't do (aside from the obvious).

6. MGASSEL

MGASSEL Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Co
    I am done with gearlardi.

I have been on the road with a couple of freinds ans I also have family in trucking so that is were I was comming from I am not the typical newbee I am not going into this field of work blind or knowing little or thinking what some people think about the job.

I may have not been out with a trainer yet but that has no bearing on what I am saying. I have asked many questions to others about the policy's of most companies and they have explained things well to me.

Basically you can not expect any company to travel out of their way with their equipment just because you want to get some were.
    Now that aside if you have informed them that you need to go to x because your required to be there by x and if it is their own company that needs you there they should get you there.

The problems with alot of posters that I see on here is they only like giving bits and peices of the story.
    Everyone needs to rember that every detail counts that we were not there when it happened and we need every peice of the story.

I was getting po'd that everone seems to complain over some little stuff that they have control of.

Were was I wrong on telling people what they should and should not do or anything else that I have posted?

7. wallbanger

wallbanger "Enemy of showers everywhere"

You're right, when you only hear part of the story, removing critical bits that show that YOU/ME (the driver/operator) were to blame for getting jerked around by some half-bit company, then it does get annoying. And, people who go into truckin' without knowing what is going to be asked of them, and just how much they will have to sacrifice just starting out, and then are upset by it really have now one to blame but themself. I am a lot like you, I guess just the tone of what you said got under my skin. But, one thing is for sure, all your experience up till now is just the beginning, when you do get out there with your trainer, then the real fun starts! ;)

Sorry, I came down on you too hard, it's just I hear so much of this nonsense on channel 19, and see it every day on the road, it really gets me down. We need to stand together, and pick each other up when needed, then our collective plight (situation) will get better.
    Time to put away the soapbox and get back to the topic...

8. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

My boyfriend just started his training with KLLM and he is encountering the opposite. He is in his third week. I met his trainer and he is excellent. I am a teacher, so I can recognize the signs of a good teacher in others. His trainer is teaching him really valuable stuff. As for not getting paid when your trainer was home, we discovered the opposite. His training pay actually started as soon as orientation was complete, even though he came home for a few days before he met up with his trainer. That was a nice surprise. So far, everything that he is encountering is consistent with the research that I did-that KLLM is a great company to work for. I hope that we continue to feel this way.

9. MGASSEL

MGASSEL Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Co
    Thats ok.
    I know it is going to be hard to be with a trainer but I will keep cool head and keep reminding myself that it will be better when I get my own truck.

I don't like the fact that I have to be cooped up with a trainer for a while but that being said I know why it has to be done.
    Two people togeather for a extended period of time is ruff on anyone.
    But if I keep a good aditude about it while I am out with the trainer I will do fine.
    I will never want to run teams I like being by myself too much to change.

If I want to hear alot of bs from anyone all I have to do is turn to chanel 19 :biggrin_2559:
    The last statement is meant to be funny not to anger anyone.

10. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Well Gearlardi, I can tell you got taken by someone but being a Driver for KLLM now, your misfortunes are hard to believe. I'm in my second stint with KLLM and I have been treated very well. I have 5 yrs with them total and right now averaging 3300 miles a week.

The part I'm having trouble with is the Training you got. NO WAY does this happen and it didn't with me in Fall 2001. All I can think of is you had a new Trainer and you might have been one of his/her first Trainees. KLLM does not run the Training Teams as a Team until 2 - 3 weeks into it. That is fact. And as far as no sleep; well, I remember it took me 8 days to get use to sleeping while the Truck is moving. After that, no problem.

What you should have done was talk with your Trainer first and if nothing gets corrected, then go to their Dispatcher and then to Training Dept. Did you do any of that in that order?

I have been with other companies but returned to KLLM cause I didn't know how good I had it until I left AND their definately wasn't any greener pastures on the other side.

For you and anybody else, just do a search under my screen name and read what I have posted about KLLM and one other company I worked for. I posted FACTS and no LIES.

11. sandds6489

sandds6489 Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Puyallup, WA
    This is a direct reply to the one person that seems to comment about EVERYBODIES postings on this board!! You are still a newbie and really have no idea about what is going on. You have PERSONALLY attacked myself and my wife over us posting what went on with another company.

Secondly, you always want to blame the DRIVER for anything and everything that goes on with a company. IT IS NOT ALWAYS THE DRIVER, in this instance I feel that it is 90 % driver and 10 % company. HOWEVER, you do not need to attack every driver and family member that post's on this site!!!

Third thing, I agree with what other drivers have said about you. Go get some time behind the wheel and deal with the BS out here, then come back and post YOUR EXPERIENCE with reguards to that. Don't continuously attack everyone else when you honest and truely have no idea what you are attacking drivers about.

Most of the EXPERIENCED drivers on this board will tell it like it is, no sugar coating trying to get newbies to go to this company or that company. BUT you just attack EVERYONE on here. I sure hope that the first company you get some actual road time with treats you liks pure crap, that way all of us get to tell you that it is YOUR fault for what happened to you as you do the rest of us!!!

I am sorry if this offends anyone other than the member (and I use that term loosely at this point) but I thought that it was time that he was put into his proper place with his know it all attitude about the industry.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.