Kllm questions

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by Drpparker95, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Drpparker95

Drpparker95 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    Hello i live in meridian mississippi about 100 miles to the headquarters in Jackson. I want to be an otr driver and don't have my cdl. I have some questions concerning the trucks and hometime.

CrossJ Thanks this.
  2. GambitRider

GambitRider Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2016
    Company trucks are said to go 62 but most likely they will go 68 or 70mph. They try and get you to lease a truck after training, which I would highly recommend avoiding.
    Hometime is infrequent. . Depending on who your dispatcher is.. you will likely be out 21+ days in order to have 3 or 4 days off.. don't expect to get home on the exact date you requested. You will go to school for 3 weeks and get your cdl, hazmat and tanker endorsements. Then you will be sent out for 6 weeks to train... so plan on being away from home for 10 weeks to start out. Then you upgrade and get issued a 2014-17 freightliner or Volvo. It's not the worst cdl starter company. .. way better than Pam, crengland and just barely better than swift. Swift does have more dedicated accounts which could offer better hometime.. but you get stuck being labeled a swift driver

3. Tishawn

Tishawn Bobtail Member

May 3, 2016
    where does their Southeast regional cover?

• Draft saved Draft deleted