Knight gets stuck between a rock and a hard place

Discussion in 'Knight' started by RizenPhoenix, Sep 5, 2011.

1. shadowdaddy

shadowdaddy Bobtail Member

May 25, 2011
    Yeah. Always the driver's fault. Never Knight's fault. He'll learn. He said he been there a year. I did seven. I stand by these guys. Knight sucks, and the quislings that don't see that are exactly what they want. Glad there's guys like him to keep us entertained.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Erick chapel

Erick chapel Medium Load Member

Jan 30, 2011
    Fontana CA
    I said feed it! Feed it! Knig trans is suffering with having to book cheap loads, kiss lots of ### to score some barnyard pick ups in such a way that these brokers they use to book loads feel sorry for them and give em these crumb bonuses for early delivery and on time delivery, wich is almost impossible to do cause all this cheap freight they get might be from pepsi or dr pepper but 46,000lbs can only go so fast uphill !! How do I know this??? I've worked for an o/o and was registered with R.C. ROBINSON, (one of the brokers knight uses) and one of the agents at R.C. ROBINSON became a really good friend of mine!!!! Lol

4. shadowdaddy

May 25, 2011
    Yeah, apparently they not teaching basic physics no more in college. I use d to love when they'd book a load that absolutely positively had to be there on time that was 45k lbs or heavier. Could not understand why it could not be done with that kinda weight if you had lots of hills. Esp fun when going over Donner. Physics is the driver's fault too. Yur supposed to levitate the bloody truck. Who knew?

How much it cost to weigh now? 12 bucks? Was pushing ten when I jumped ship. Heavy loads on every run added up very fast.

5. shadowdaddy

May 25, 2011
    I say we fine Gravity for every late load.

6. Erick chapel

Erick chapel Medium Load Member

Jan 30, 2011
    Fontana CA
    It's still $9.50 to weigh, and in fact the price before that wich was last year, was $9.00 ~ whatever

shadowdaddy Thanks this.
  7. TrucKer 999 TriLLion

TrucKer 999 TriLLion Light Load Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Ca
    i remember p/u a load at that shasta soda warehouse in kent, wa, they love 2 load u 46,000..... :biggrin_2558:

there was another customer some1 where near, salem,Or order that shipped grass seeds...they only loaded knight drivers with volvos....cus the petes & internationals were 2 heavy i think they loaded u 45000+ lbs....:biggrin_2558:

8. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

You probably werent there in the days when all Knight's trucks were 365 HP Centurys, govn'd at 62 mph---talk about crawling up hills with no way of making tight schedules with heavy loads in the Rockies! We drivers used to fly down those hills at 80 mph to 'help' make up some time until they started logging our 'over-speeds' with the Qcoms...:biggrin_2559:

shadowdaddy Thanks this.
  9. shadowdaddy

May 25, 2011
    I caught the tail end of that. There were still a few Centurys when I started, but never got assigned one.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.