Knight Orientation Pay:$150.00 for Three Long Days!

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Surfer Joe, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Okay, finally a firm number!

For all you perspective truck drivers and drivers switching companies, according to Dave in AZ, do not apply to or work for any trucking company unless they offer to pay you $200 a day per 3 day orientation ;-)

I would add, why $200 a day? Why not $300 a day and a guaranteed roundtrip first class airline ticket to and from your town of residence. While I'm at it, the trucking company must send a limo to the airport to transport the perspective driver to and from the airport ;-)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    Broke Down 69 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    JB Hunt paid me $100 day x 3 days, motel, all meals, and flew me, yes flew, to orientation 9 years ago.

4. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    Like I said, almost 8 years ago now (as a new driver) May Trucking paid me $50 a day, paid for my hotel & food. I drove my own pickup to the terminal 2 hours away. Should I feel ripped off or jealous? ;-)

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  5. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I don't care how you feel. Your the one with the issue. I just said what happened, and what I thought was fair to be paid for a company orientation. I think Schneider paid like $80 a day for the one I went to here in town last summer when I took a local gig.

Short Fuse EOD Thanks this.
  6. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    Oh no! You hurt my self esteem LOL. In turn, I don't care about what you were paid or what this original thread was started for, namely to smear Knight Transportation for only $150 for 3 long days. If someone wants to go to work for Knight knowing they will be paid $50 a day for a 3 day orientation, more power to them ;-)

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  7. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Heavy Load Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Cape Ann, Massachusetts
    Hey buddy, always great to hear from an expert how the real world works. Even if so twisted.

And absolutely yes; of course this thread was started to smear Knight for three long days of orientation for 150 bucks. That and the hope of educating any potential newbies that there are other options; as in most (I said most) other big megas. Nobody 'wants' to work for 50 bucks a day; they just don't know any better.

If you choose to accept whatever scraps the big boys decide to throw to you, so be it. I don't really care. There's never been any shortage of capitulators that accept whatever their conditions may be at any given time, while also being grateful for the beatings. The problem, though, is that the rest of us have to pay for your weakness. And your apathy.

I don't want to have to pay for you.

I didn't work very hard, and I certainly didn't work very smart, and yet I also am an owner operator. Wasn't difficult to do. And I certainly don't accept low paying runs, nor would I ever be grateful to have them.
    I value my time too highly for any of that. Or is it, self esteem?

How utopian.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    EatYourVeggies Thanks this.
  8. Broke Down 69

Broke Down 69 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Concord NC
  9. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    That's how most companies are.That's a sample of What lies ahead?Why didnt you ask recruiter how much you get paid for orientation?or did you?

10. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    Three days of watching movies, sitting on your ### and the ever present danger of getting a paper cut. Hmmm no actual income generating work, what is that worth?

spyder7723 Thanks this.
  11. Boriqua

Boriqua Light Load Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Rockport, Texas
    Again, pay what a new driver (best case scenario) makes for three days. It's only right.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.