Knight Refrigerated and I are finally done!

Discussion in 'Knight' started by truckerdave1970, Dec 2, 2009.

1. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    The DOT!!!

Aside from not having 2 nickels to rub togther and the already mentioned anger problem, I honestly dont believe I have what it takes to be an O/O in today's enviroment!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. REDD

REDD The Legend

Jun 29, 2009
    Dueling Banjoville
    The AlienHillbilly is correct!

outerspacehillbilly Thanks this.
  4. Everett

Everett Crusty Shorts, What???

Oct 20, 2009
    Hampton,Ia
    :biggrin_25519: Hi, boy if i was in your shoes and glad im not, i would be checking myself in the mayo clinic in rochester, mn, mayby they can get you on some meds that help you and there heads doctors are great, im like you i lost so many jobs over my anger, know it allbout the attude problem,and sad part is you always be single ,cause no women gonna put up with it ether, it was very bad, but i read all the mayo clinic stuff, design my own , like get one those strechty tubes at wall-mart, whren i fell anger or bad day coming on, i take that en strecth till i cant strecth no more, but yes the modern worl is great, that med is great and make sure it legal too drive truck too, just my humble oipion :biggrin_2556: Everett

5. JustSonny

JustSonny Big Dummy

Oct 22, 2009
    Troutman NC
    Hey Dave,
    I read your thread starter yesterday. I've thought a lot about what to say and what not to say. I'm still not ready to offer any suggestions. I couldn't offer suggestions about what to do with your trucking career anyway. You know that I'm a wannabe. Maybe at some point I can chime in something based strictly from my own life experiences outside of trucking.

But I will say this Dave - Happy Birthday!!!!!!. Sorry I didn't say it 2 days ago!

Oldnew....

6. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    Gee thanks! With all the turmoil over the last few days, I forgot I am now yet another year older!

7. mizdageeragn

mizdageeragn Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2009
    almost there
    Hey Dave,
    All I can say is try to hang in there, I've been way DEPRESSED myself a few times over the years but I got threw it and you can too and you will. If you need to talk pm me and I'll give you my number. Do not, repeat, DO NOT give up on yourself or start thinking your the only one that's been threw this. People can and will help if you are willing to ask for it. Oh ya,
    GET IT IN WRITING!!Anything your boss said he'll do for you.

Just ask for some help from someone, anyone; like NIKE used to advertise
    JUST DO IT!

8. 3.14

3.14 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Arizona
    i once got a green light on the pre-pass at the scale south of aurora. i thought the scale was closed. it wasn't. i was thinking, "WTF?! cool, yesssssssss!" other times, most of the scales look like mini knight yards. knight seems to always be in some kinda c r a p in oregon.

9. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    Well hey... only a few more years to go and that temper should calm itself. I know... been there done that. Something about hitting your 40's that mellows you out I guess. I don't "see red" hardly at all anymore.

Or maybe it's the realization that I'm getting old and might freakin' die of a heart attack if I don't stay calm...:biggrin_25525:

10. ETCH5858

ETCH5858 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2009
    get some medication, it will help

11. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    Dave...first of all, I know you've been very unhappy there for some time. I wish you the best.

Secondly, from another guy who just had a birthday this week (49 on 11/30), let me say I've been in your shoes at your age, complete with temper and a wife that left and a job that I lost because of it. Ironically, losing that job forced me back to OTR and Schneider, which in turn tested me for OSA and put me on CPAP. That has been the single biggest cause of my "mellowing". I also take a low dose of anti-depressant meds.

After I lost that job a few years ago, I really did some soul-searching, which inlcuded several long talks with my father. I've really opened my mind to what makes me tick and how my family history has contributed to what I am. Unfortunately, a quick temper was part of the mix.

The last two years have been the best of my adult life from an emotional standpoint, and there have been tests...an ex-wife who won't sell the house we own together (though her and her new husband live in it), a daughter that got pregnant and ended up finding out the guy was a thief (among other things), etc. No question I reacted to them and ultimately handled them better and more effectively than I would have a decade ago.

Keep us posted, keep your chin up, and keep on pluggin'!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.